Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hatsukokoro Yorokobi, seems like a new line from maker of Komorebi with even thicker spine and a copper demascus, 5mm out of the handle to 2.5ish for the rest of the blade
861C2DB6-FA22-453F-95FE-E00844CB4AA3.jpeg
7C494E15-0902-4ECC-ABDC-45221FDC531D.jpeg

Hatsukokoro Yorokobi, seems like a new line from maker of Komorebi with even thicker spine and a copper demascus, 5mm out of the handle to 2.5ish for the rest of the bladeView attachment 234510View attachment 234511
Damn, I wish I could have snagged a k-tip. I got the 230mm gyuto. It is really nicely finished and the ootb edge is about a million times better than the Yoake line. Only cut a couple things real quick, but it looks promising.

Absolutely stunning. Are those his 5-Steel damascus?
I do not believe so. Rader’s 5 Steel blades are marked as such. He referred to these as his “Chaotic Pattern Damascus”. To be honest I don’t even remember what steels he used and the number of layers. The knives speak for themselves. Absolute beauties … worth every bit of the long wait.

Game over, @Brian Weekley wins. Those are gorgeous and probably cut just as well as they look.
We will find out … I’m still assembling MS knives for the upcoming Battle of the Giants! The best of the best go up against the Great Slap down winners … Bidinger and Kamon. See the Naughty Schoolboy thread for details.

I do not believe so. Rader’s 5 Steel blades are marked as such. He referred to these as his “Chaotic Pattern Damascus”. To be honest I don’t even remember what steels he used and the number of layers. The knives speak for themselves. Absolute beauties … worth every bit of the long wait.
Thanks for the info. They are quite the pair. Can’t wait to see the results of the MS challeng!

Well... I didn't really buy this, a friend who has been on a trip to Brazil gave me this as a gift. A thin and light carbon steel chef knife by Tramontina. Some form of (anti-rust?) coating on the blade that will have to be cleaned of tomorrow, as well as a sharpening session I think.

PXL_20230331_181438249.jpg

PXL_20230331_181449586.jpg

PXL_20230331_181504040.jpg

Last edited:
Well... I didn't really buy this, a friend who has been on a trip to brazil gave me this as a gift. A thin and light carbon steel chef knife by Tramontina. Some form of (anti-rust?) coating on the blade that will have to be cleaned of tomorrow, as well as a sharpening session I think.

View attachment 234693
View attachment 234692
View attachment 234691
Tramontina makes solid pans, never tried their carbon knives tho... let us know how it performs

I'd been considering trying a HD2 again in a 210 when I can across this b-stock 240 with a cracked handle.

Going to put a new handle on it and see how it performs. Grind is a bit more right biased than I remember so I'll have to see.

20230331_152301.jpg

The crack is to about half way down the handle. As a lefty though I don't even notice it.
20230331_151913.jpg

I agree, it’s my preferred weight for a daily driver. Everything works so well at that approximate weight range.
It's kind of killed the hunt for more knives for me since it really suits all my needs and preferences. All I need now is to replace the handle with a higher quality ebony then it will be perfect.

Back