Show your work! Uchigumori and co...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1f8f91efc3de25d759810d3e9c1d062d.jpg
65f7ae5ecbc26274a15a3cdf26266572.jpg
95ed1be3d31595ec4ce70695bc380ec3.jpg
300b87f569fc02d8514fa917b55294f7.jpg
e2f7233fab8f35c0ef3c7ae4a3328272.jpg

Wrought iron clad 52100 gyuto (245x54) by Jeff Steele (Black Lotus Knives). All fingerstones...no etching.

ZW2ZUM4.jpg

2DHfb8K.jpg

viI4P6g.jpg

CFIgFc1.jpg
I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this one.
I've been following his work for a little while and it seems nice.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this one.
I've been following his work for a little while and it seems nice.

This is actually a collaboration project that I’m doing with Jeff for charity. Doing a passaround first and then will either auction it off or do a raffle with the proceeds going to an animal rescue. The grind itself is in the middle to heavy-middleweight territory. Blade measures 245x54 and weights 201g without a handle. 3.5mm spine at the handle and tapers down nicely to the tip. Here’s a choil shot. Grind feels like a high wide bevel with softened shoulders.

p37dhuJ.jpg

This is actually a collaboration project that I’m doing with Jeff for charity. Doing a passaround first and then will either auction it off or do a raffle with the proceeds going to an animal rescue. The grind itself is in the middle to heavy-middleweight territory. Blade measures 245x54 and weights 201g without a handle. 3.5mm spine at the handle and tapers down nicely to the tip. Here’s a choil shot. Grind feels like a high wide bevel with softened shoulders.

p37dhuJ.jpg
Thanks. A lot to like there. Some very good knives coming out of Oz...
Please keep me in the loop about the charity auction/raffle.

Just bench stones polish. Very tight progyrssion to clean the scratches well and finish diluting the slurry until it's just water. The stone I used to finish there was a fine Mikawa Nagura which greatly helps as it gives amazing details but with this knife I can show the clouds to some extent on most stones.

I was playing around with a broken synthetic aoto and ended up making finger stones with it. Figured I play around with polishing before I eventually get some jnats and nicer finger stones.

IMG_2979.jpg
IMG_2981.jpg

Just bench stones polish. Very tight progyrssion to clean the scratches well and finish diluting the slurry until it's just water. The stone I used to finish there was a fine Mikawa Nagura which greatly helps as it gives amazing details but with this knife I can show the clouds to some extent on most stones.

Thanks! you did a great job!

Back