Quantcast

Withdrawn Shun classic parer BNIB - $60 (WITHDRAWN)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiffonodd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Withdrawn, thanks KKF for taking a look. 👍

Final price drop! $60 shipped CONUS!

Humpday price drop! $70 shipped CONUS!

Recently bought a couple parers, letting this one go because the misono fits my hand better. Just a catch and release - briefly handled, never cut a thing. Paid $89.95 plus tax and shipping ($99.03 total). I'll let it go for $80 now $70 now $60 shipping included CONUS. PP G&S only. I eat the PP fee.

3.5"/90mm blade. Takefu VGMAX core, which is basically VG-10 plus tungsten, and with increases in cobalt and vanadium. Pakkawood D handle.

Shun has its "thing" but the classic parer is actually fairly highly regarded IIRC.

First "I'll take it" either here or in PMs gets it! Thanks KKF.

Last edited:

chiffonodd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as people say about other aspects of their knives, I must admit they have very comfy handles.
Thanks for weighing in. FWIW, most of the complaints with shun over the years were a function of thinner Japanese knives hitting the mass market, people not knowing how to use them, and chipping the edge with all sorts of walking rock chopping/torquing and cutting stuff that a gyuto shouldn't touch. This is also at least partially responsible for VG-10 taking a hit to its reputation.

Luckily, none of those issues have anything to do with a paring knife. At base, this is a stainless 90mm parer in a really good core steel with a nice pointy tip for detail work, a touch of belly to aid with peeling, and, as you mentioned, a real comfy handle. Fit and finish is also excellent.

chiffonodd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final price drop! $60 shipped CONUS, that's almost 40% off retail when you factor in taxes and shipping. BNIB, never cut a thing.

Knife will remain listed through this weekend. If it doesn't sell at this price by Sunday, I'll gift it to a family member. 🎁

Last edited:

chiffonodd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bummer, wish I saw this sooner.
Wouldn't be interested in a misono swedish parer by any chance? 80mm, razor sharp, great F&F. Used sparingly on one lime and some garlic, so light patina, can remove with flitz. LMK if interested. We've had a humid summer and the swedish carbon steel isn't liking it, would love to rehome somewhere dryer.

Status
Not open for further replies.