Silicone sleeve for stainless steel pans?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to find some silicone sleeves for a couple of my stainless steel skillets. One is a Tramontina and the other is a Made-In. I ordered a couple from Amazon and haven't had much luck finding something that fits well. The handles of both are a bit too contoured for the sleeves I've tried so far. Before I continue with my trial-and-error purchasing, I thought I'd see if anyone here has found something that might work?

I'm trying to find some silicone sleeves for a couple of my stainless steel skillets. One is a Tramontina and the other is a Made-In. I ordered a couple from Amazon and haven't had much luck finding something that fits well. The handles of both are a bit too contoured for the sleeves I've tried so far. Before I continue with my trial-and-error purchasing, I thought I'd see if anyone here has found something that might work?
Towel.

a question involving tricky fitment, and you don't post pic? why no pics

1661537109763.png

bada bing bada boom
i spray it on all my demeyere proline handles

next question?

a question involving tricky fitment, and you don't post pic? why no pics

View attachment 195630

bada bing bada boom
i spray it on all my demeyere proline handles

next question?

A fair and valid criticism, and an intriguing suggestion! (I would very much appreciate a picture of the finished handles on your pans, too!)

My pans:

Tramontina Triplyclad 10" fry pan

IMG_7209.jpg

IMG_7206.jpg

Made In 12" fry pan:

IMG_7210.jpg

IMG_7207.jpg

I have a generic one and you really need to be careful. It's easy for the handle to twist in it if you don't pay attention and wrap it a bit. I often use either a silicone pot holder or, as said, a plain ole folded dry towel.

FWIW, I have many Made In pans.

If a permanent handle exists that can handle oven temps, that would be my preference. If those don't exist, a loose one that I could slip over the handle would probably work. I mainly want to avoid having a pan with a hot-out-of-the-oven sitting on the stove where someone (me or a family member helping in the kitchen) might accidentally grab the handle and get burned. (That has happened a couple of times recenlty.) Of course, I'm familiar with things like folded up towels, pot holders, oven mitts, etc., but I wanted something that could be left on the pan without being a fire hazard sitting on the stove.

If a permanent handle exists that can handle oven temps, that would be my preference. If those don't exist, a loose one that I could slip over the handle would probably work. I mainly want to avoid having a pan with a hot-out-of-the-oven sitting on the stove where someone (me or a family member helping in the kitchen) might accidentally grab the handle and get burned. (That has happened a couple of times recenlty.) Of course, I'm familiar with things like folded up towels, pot holders, oven mitts, etc., but I wanted something that could be left on the pan without being a fire hazard sitting on the stove.

I often do kind of a combination. Since the sleeve can roll (depending on the weight of whatever is in the pan), I'll often use a pot holder or towel to get it in and out of the oven but when it's just going to sit out, I'll slide the sleeve over the handle.

I do use the loose fitting sleeve if the pan is light.

I hate those sleeves. they are so loose fitting and seem like a dangerous situation. my All Clad sometimes want to flip anyways if my hands are slippery.

I go with a towel. and if it is ON a hot stove, I know the handle is hot. no problems. if the stove is off or the pan is on a countertop, I slip a oven glove over the handle as a visual cue that "its hot"! there is nothing on the handle when it is on the stove. I dont like fires. not outside a campfire ring, or fireplace. :)

I have some cheap restaurant supply non-stick pans with the silicone sleeve permanently affixed. they still get hot with the heat of the stove coming around the pan edge. not so much from the handle.

towels here too, just make sure they are dry (do not ask how I know).
Silicon gets hot too, and it's slippery.

Back