• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Single bevel collection sale!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattias504

Reaction score
Hello KKF community. I have for sale my collection of professionally used single bevel Japanese knives. For anyone interested in these knives, please be forewarned that they were ALL used in professional kitchens making sushi and beyond. I am no longer actively employed as a chef and have not professionally used these knives in over 9-10 years.

These knives are all in various condition however all of the pitting that you will see is superficial. The knives themselves are in need of sharpening but I am so out of practice that I don't know how good of a job I would do and will leave that up to the buyer. They are just begging to be used! Perfect for the chef or home cook that wants to use their knives and not just have them sit in a drawer.

These knives are being sold as is so please do not be afraid to ask questions or for more pictures/descriptions. Also, a lot of the exact details were stored in private messages on a forum that I do not believe is around any longer. Please forgive any inaccuracies.

Please see my iCloud link for pictures.
https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0OUH5j1BLzdhblLCzjWdTTzYg

Shigefusa Kitaeji yanagiba 270mm w/ custom saya - $950
Konosuke Sakai 300mm blue #1 fujiyama yanagi w/ custom handle - $500
Konosuke Sakai 240mm kiritsuke - $325
-forgive me, I do not know all of the details of the steel type
Masamoto KS I believe 330mm yanagi w/ saya - $420
Korin ginsan-ko kamagata usuba 195mm - $275

All prices are negotiable but buyer will pay for shipping costs. Please let me know if you have any questions or interest in these knives. PM me here. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Man i don't know how use are your knives ,but your price are really low .I think you should rise them up other wise people will kill to get one of these knives [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]lol

Man i don't know how use are your knives ,but your price are really low .I think you should rise them up other wise people will kill to get one of these knives [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]lol

I apologize everyone. I have been out of the game for quite a while and had me sources mixed up. This should be a more accurate representation of what I paid for these knives years ago. Sorry for any confusion.

The shigefusa

Attachments

• A0DE3D7D-66BC-4F33-BAE7-31D86B39F2A4.jpeg
    A0DE3D7D-66BC-4F33-BAE7-31D86B39F2A4.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 563
Konosuke yanagi

Attachments

• 35D15A1D-6C61-4B20-9780-A653B3CC953E.jpeg
    35D15A1D-6C61-4B20-9780-A653B3CC953E.jpeg
    220.4 KB · Views: 442
Kiritsuke

Attachments

• A1E29917-9587-4015-9B66-A9CF4925E412.jpeg
    A1E29917-9587-4015-9B66-A9CF4925E412.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 484
Masamoto

Attachments

• 03B4CA80-D707-411B-B81F-67CCFBACB3B6.jpeg
    03B4CA80-D707-411B-B81F-67CCFBACB3B6.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 349
Usuba

Attachments

• 1B17CE06-A7EC-4931-87BC-8E2FA2179444.jpeg
    1B17CE06-A7EC-4931-87BC-8E2FA2179444.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 206
I am also curious on what has been sold and what is still on the table. Can you update the thread please @Mattias504 ?

Bump. Prices negotiable!! Needing funds for my first baby on the way

Ahh I wish I had the money for that Kono kiritsuke right now! Beautiful knives, GLWS!

That Masamoto KS Yanagi is my dream Yanagi, but at the moment with money situation, any offer I could afford would be criminally low-balling

That Masamoto KS Yanagi is my dream Yanagi, but at the moment with money situation, any offer I could afford would be criminally low-balling
It is truly a beastly knife. I absolutely loved using it but haven’t had a need to in over 8 years. I miss being a sushi chef sometimes!!!

I had meant to drool over the pictures but the iCloud link didn't work for me, by the way

I had meant to drool over the pictures but the iCloud link didn't work for me, by the way
Sorry I don’t think it ever worked properly. If you need more pics I’ll gladly PM some. Thanks!

Shige sold & shipped! All others available. C'mon guys the best part of these knives is that they are ready to be USED! No drawer queens here. Thanks for looking.

I am a novice at single bevel knives, so please bear with me as I might ask silly questions about the Masamoto KS:

1) how long did you use it professionally (and how many full progression sharpenings does that approximately translate to)?
2) how much height has the blade lost?
3) how much life is left in the ura?

I am a hobby cook so a new-ish knife would probably last a literal life time for me. But I have no clue about how much wear and tear a professionally used single bevel knife experiences and (unlike double bevel knives) I have less of a clue on how to assess the wear from the picture(s).

Back