Single bevel WIP

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahahahahaha! Deal!
Stuck in side for a while( another damn appointment with the oral surgeon) so i have been tinkering with sanding.

This will be like a mirror when i am done!

It sure is a beast. No work on it tonight, i am medicated and going to sleep...funny thing, i am on norco's, they keep me going crazy for 2 days...then i crash real hard lol.

I have my engraving stuff out, carving the hell out of a scimitar. Figured it would be fun to do this...wanted to as soon as i started doing single bevels.

Guess it is time to get cracking on a saya ;) Whatcha guys think?

Oh, and for clarification, the handle is not glued on, that is why you see gaps. It is hammer fit, and when i fill'er up with epoxy, it will be hammered into place all nice and tight like :)

Well, I sure like it. Thank you very much, Mike. It's beautiful.:bliss:

That is amazing, really nice work! I've never seen a deba that thick before

Well, I sure like it. Thank you very much, Mike. It's beautiful.:bliss:
That was the hope lol. I am forging out some saya chisels, and will mill it out mostly, then use the chisels. Have some cool plans for the saya as well ;)

The engraving really sets off the knife. Fantastic Mike! Totally unique!

Killer engraving Mike. Dude, you've gotta do a passaround!

Good engraving Mike!
Maybe instead of a makers mark, we will start seeing the Davis Dragon on your blades?

Thanks guys :) still pitting thoughts together on the saya. I am leaning toward either redwood or a walnut and quite possible some design aspects of the knife flowing into the saya...

Mike, Beautiful deba and engraving(is that sakura??)can't wait to see your saya work!!

Wow!!!! That engraving is unbelievable! Too late for mine? :D

Beautiful work-did you use a stencil for the engraving or a stencil?

Wow, those tattoo skills really shine through here. Incredible stuff Mike.

Wow, thanks guys!! No stencil, all freehand, Tom...we will talk

I think the saya should have just a branch, similar to the one on the knife. But just a different season. Like early winter, with more leaves and some snow. Or late winter with no leaves (kinda boring if you ask me).

P1040380_zps3c8f6e84.jpg

I just saw this on Son's FB page, somehow I missed it here......I'm blown away! Seriously Mike - WOW! :doublethumbsup:

Back