Site Doesn't Like Outlook

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Nagakin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been locked out of my account until I figured out it was KKF and Outlook email not agreeing. Stopped getting emails from the forum and since they couldn't get through I got locked. Confirmation emails wouldn't come in with the usual fixes of checking junk mail and adding to contacts either. Changed to a hotmail address with the same issue. Changed to a gmail address and it went through immediately. Not sure what the issue is but thought I should bring it up. Mini panic attack when I couldn't message a knife sale and the artisan its going to lol

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Does anybody like Outlook? :cool:

Humor aside, to the best of my knowledge any interaction you have between the forum and your email is elective on your part. The computer geeks here can better address this but short term you may want to change your preferences so that you don't get the email summary and/or email notifications from the site.

@Angie
@bkultra

esoo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outlook/Hotmail/Office 365 will greylist the mail sending if there is a change in mail send patterns. Usually temporary, but the admins can check the mail logs to see. Just dealt with this at work.

As for Outlook vs GMail - just different devils.

bkultra

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've had one other user report a similar issue and was/is using Hotmail. We are currently looking into this issue.

@daveb who's the geek? I told you, I have mad street cred.

Last edited:

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
There was a change in time of sending the Yesterday's Forum Activity email. Otherwise the alerts, etc should happen throughout the day.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
There are 31 members that have posted that have outlook.com as their email in their account.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Okay, I found out the issue.
The developer has our email on a new mail server and and "Microsoft doesn't easily trust new mail servers , I contacted them to allow emails from our mail server and still waiting for response .. the reputation of the new mail server increased from 0 to 59 in two days and everything will be fine in couple of days . "

Nagakin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I found out the issue.
The developer has our email on a new mail server and and "Microsoft doesn't easily trust new mail servers , I contacted them to allow emails from our mail server and still waiting for response .. the reputation of the new mail server increased from 0 to 59 in two days and everything will be fine in couple of days . "
Thought it was something like that since I've never touched my settings before. Was just a random lockout. Cool that it's figured out.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
I have gotten it changed back to the old mail server until the new one recognizes some other emails. So, I hope this stops for now.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
The site email is fixed to like outlook and those other mail types.

Midsummer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The site email is fixed to like outlook and those other mail types.
Thanks,

was able to post again Yesterday. It was weird. I was anxious that my grail would show up on BST while I could not get through to the site.

Thanks again Angie,

Tom