small batch 26c3 210mm x 50mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive got numero uno headed out on a passaround, if you want to play with this steel/profile let me know.

Ive also got 4 of these blades that will be looking for homes this coming summer. If you are interested please message me to discuss details.

stock thickness is 2mm.
26c3 steel is from Voestalpine

8Pnceot.jpg

I'd be happy to give it a spin if you're looking for feedback! 210 is smaller than I usually prefer in a gyuto, but I'm sure I could swallow my pride long enough to try out one blade :)
I will let you know when this is headed your way!

FYI for all participants , the knife is in a rough state, this is how i test blades...I am looking for feedback on the edge, the heat treat, the bevel geometry. dont be afraid to put it on the stones or mess it up, or even push it a little, ok if the edge chips although i suspect it would not. I expect the heat treat to be top notch.

Sounds good! Thanks for the info on that. Look forward to giving it a good workout whenever it lands with me :)

This passaround has been concluded. Thank you everyone who has taken part and given me feedback. I am in agreement with most of you that that 2.5mm stock thickness is too thin for this size of a knife. Its just a bit too sticky. I am going to take this knife and grind it like a Takeda with my radius platen. I think that might help a bit. Probably shoot for a 6-10 mm secondary bevel in front of the slight hollow. That MAY make this a bit more interesting to use.
Thanks again for taking part!

alright, i ground down the spine flat, no more useless "bump" there...its still 1.9" tall at the heel. same tip profile but now its got almost a k-tip look, i might just leave it that way. Ive established my large diameter hollows in the blade flats...Im not sure they will make any difference in performance but ill give it a shot...dimensionally the cross section is pretty darn close the the Takedas i've measured. Ill also be putting on a real handle, a new design for me. Ill be looking to offer this as a round two passaround for anyone still interested in helping me evolve this type of a knife.

Latest posts

Back