Small Gap in new Nigara Hamono

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wa handles are often too long for my taste. I like thicker wa handles don't like skinny ones. But wear a large glove. Like Tostada have taken little off the back of. several.
I wear medium glove, but also prefer thicker handles as opposed to skinnier ones. But I do prefer them shorter than they typically come stock. Around 130mm handle for a 240 gyuto is perfect for me

I discovered a legit knife shop in the Chicago area (Northside Cutlery) that is replacing the handle with custom spalted oak. I’ll post pics when ready.
Kevin from Northside Cutlery (@kman94) did a great job with the new spalted oak handle! The gap is gone and the size is perfect for my hand. Coincidentally the wood matches my cheap Ali Express saya very nicely :) Looks gorgeous and feels great, so I couldn't be happier!

Nigara10.jpg

Nigara1.JPG

Nigara3.JPG
Nigara4.JPG

Nigara5.jpg
Nigara6.jpg
Nigara7.jpg
Nigara8.jpg

Kevin from Northside Cutlery (@kman94) did a great job with the new spalted oak handle! The gap is gone and the size is perfect for my hand. Coincidentally the wood matches my cheap Ali Express saya very nicely :) Looks gorgeous and feels great, so I couldn't be happier!

View attachment 199578
View attachment 199563
View attachment 199565View attachment 199566
View attachment 199567View attachment 199570View attachment 199574View attachment 199575
Looks good, any chance we can get a shot of the front of the handle?

Back