• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Small knives x 3 - Price drop

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I have three smaller knives I kept for a while. Looking to find new homes for them.

1. Shigefusa kurochi santoku 165mm (173x52mm, 165g) SOLD

NBIB, great sample of shig finish. Accidentally hit on my laptop when taking photos and had a small chip (silly me), other than that is all good. I didn't touch it up as it is very minor and will be gone in the first sharpening. $310 plus shipping

IMG_1245 2.jpegIMG_1250 2.jpegIMG_1251.jpegIMG_1252.jpegIMG_2149.jpeg

2. Igarashi kasumi nakiri 170mm (170x52mm, 130g)

Got it with a sandblasted finish, fixed the low spot and put a 6k finish. This nakiri has a "cute" clad line and is on the thinner side, thin grind and a gentle taper on the spine. $135 plus shipping

IMG_2150.jpegIMG_2151.jpegIMG_2155.jpegIMG_2156.jpegIMG_2157.jpeg

Last edited:
3. Igarashi kasumi nakiri 150mm (150x50mm, 150g). SOLD

Got it with the other nakiri, light fix the bevel unevenness and put a jnat finish. This smaller nakiri has some weight in hand due to the thicker grind and a solid handle coated with Japanese lacquer. It is packed in a box with Masamoto Sohonton kanji (錬成光刃味觉生- great taste from great sharpness), considering the great f&f on knife and kanji. I suspect it might be a collab of masamoto and Igarashi. But I will leave that to the buyer's judgement. It is a good solid blade overall with a beautiful taper. $135 plus shipping.

IMG_2158.jpegIMG_2160.jpegIMG_2161.jpegIMG_2162.jpegIMG_2163.jpegIMG_2164.jpeg

Free shipping in Oceania.

Thanks for watching. Roy

Last edited:
Hi, unfortunately it is not claimed on package, nor stamped the steel type on blade, so I can't give you firm answer for this question.

I think they are white steel considering how easy they rise burr on stones.

Latest posts

Back