• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Smedja Aspen, Simon Maillet, S. Tanaka

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a couple here that I really wanted to connect with and I just haven't. I might normally just tuck them away and revisit them down the road (as I have with the Tanaka - bought a year ago, barely used) but I have some commissions coming up and incoming funds would help.

Smedja Aspen 195x52mm, bearing steel - SOLD
$310 + conus S/H

Recently purchased a 230mm from Patrik and loved it so much I decided to jump on this one as well for some length diversity. Very nice knife but it didn't connect with me the same way. I used it for one meal, chicken and some veg. Beautiful patina already. Asking what I paid.
tempImage0A30Vz.pngtempImagekIcYyw.pngtempImage3tptny.pngtempImagegAHWZt.pngtempImage50nMQf.png

WITHDRAWN
Simon Maillet 210x50mm, 26C3
$460 + conus S/H

WITHDRAWN

Purchased early in January, I believe. Barely used. Have thought about keeping it and shortening and thinning the handle to make it fit my hand better. Ultimately decided to let someone else do the work. Really special wood in handle and matching saya, and the steel will take a lovely polish (did a little polishing with finger stones to get an idea). Asking what I paid. (more pics incoming)

tempImagegctt5g.pngtempImageVCCxJN.pngtempImageRNSsTi.png

SOLD
Shigeki Tanaka 210x49mm, Blue #2 Damascus
$215 + conus S/H

SOLD

Bought about a year ago, and just never clicked with it. Cuts beautifully, but it's just not for me. Bought around the same time I got a different knife which I love, so this one just ended up being put away in the box. Probably 10-15 mins of use. (pics incoming)

Thanks for having a look! Get in touch with any questions.

Last edited:
Back