Smoked ham product popular in France

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick alen

Reaction score
While over there on business last year I kept running into this stuff. Found it in salads, white pizza and other things I can't even remember. Shaved thin and in shreads, and always served warm enough to be dripping fat. I loved it but never found out what it was. Any Ideas?

Oddly I feel the basque might object to the term "French ham" XD

It's fatty enough, color in the picture looks brighter though, JDB is not smoked but my memory could have been creative there. What I had was salty unlike what Italian prosciutto should be. It could have most likely been jambon de Luxiel as that one is smoked. Thanks for the help

While over there on business last year I kept running into this stuff. Found it in salads, white pizza and other things I can't even remember. Shaved thin and in shreads, and always served warm enough to be dripping fat. I loved it but never found out what it was. Any Ideas?

Might help to say which part(s) of the country you were in

Ah yes, good point, Lyon the whole time, and I would have been happy to stay there. Still, you would think the folks around there would be as eclectic in taste as Paris.

Back