• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Snake Stupid Record Player Sale (Rega Edition)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

SolidSnake03

Reaction score
Hey All,

So a big outside what I'm usually selling here but wanted to put this up for sale here and see if any fellow audiophiles are interested? Local would be ideal on this (I'm in Nebraska) but I can consider shipping too if we split cost maybe? I'm selling a Rega P1 Plus Turntable here. Lightly used with maybe 50hrs total on it. Been completely babied the entire time I've owned it, adult house and non-smoking. Perfect working order and can include the cork platter cover/cushion and the weight/balancing bubble along with a set of RCA cables if you would like. Have the power adapter as well since this has Rega's built in moving magnet phono stage. Comes with the Rega Carbon cartridge as well which is smooth yet detailed if I had to put a label on it. If you're local I'm happy to let you come listen to it, currently running it with a Bottlehead Crack Amp and a set of Beyer DT770 250ohm Pro's. MSRP is ~$600.00 so in typical Snakes Stupid Sale fashion I'm basically knocking 40-50% off the new price and just winging it from there ;)

Can provide more pics if you would like, just put one or two up here since it's like new.

Price = $325.00

Rega p1 1.jpg Rega p1 2.jpg Rega p1 3.jpg

bryantcw

Reaction score
Done with vinyl?
Trying the schiit table maybe?

I have a pretty serious setup, but I’m all digital. It’s just too convenient (for me). Mac mini to DIRAC miniDSP, nuprime pre and monoblocks, out to spatial M3 turbos.

What else is in your system?

GLWS, nice price.

Reaction score
This is a good deal for someone wanting to get semi-seriously into vinyl. This is a substantially better table than what you'd find at Best Buy or on Amazon south of $300. The Rega tables are easy set up and not at all tweaky or fussy which isn't necessarily true of some other brands of good turntables and tonearms.

SolidSnake03

Reaction score
Done with vinyl?
Trying the schiit table maybe?

I have a pretty serious setup, but I’m all digital. It’s just too convenient (for me). Mac mini to DIRAC miniDSP, nuprime pre and monoblocks, out to spatial M3 turbos.

What else is in your system?

GLWS, nice price.

nice rig!! I’ve actually looked at the Spatial stuff, how do you like it?

Friend of mine has the schiit vinyl rig, it’s really quite nice. I like it a lot but you guessed right, I’m moving away from vinyl. I have an RME ADI 2 Dac along with a number of headphones that I use most of the time and just find myself not feeling the urge to keep flipping record anymore. I’d rather enjoy my whiskey, sink in my chair and let the music flow for an hour and not have to get up again haha.

also too kind LostHighway!! You are correct that it’s a excellent turntable and deceptively simple. It’s an amazing intro to higher end tables and everything plays together Nicely, the Rega Cart, phono pre amp, platter and arm are all solid and need little to no messing with.

bryantcw

Reaction score
Without DSP, the M3’s really weren’t very good. No bass, hollow midrange, too bright. Measurements concurred. I thought to myself, the audio press was impressed by this?

*With* DSP the spatials are just incredible. I could adjust the in room response to have a gentle slope downward from the bass to the treble. Distortion measurements even at incredible volumes are very, very low. They have the tightest, most accurate bass I’ve ever heard from any system. They don’t sound strained at virtually any volume. You won’t realize nearly how loud they can play cleanly until you try to talk to someone 3 feet away and you realize it’s damn near nightclub loud. This means effortless dynamics. A drum kit sounds like a live drum kit (ok almost, far closer than any other system I’ve heard). An electric bass sounds like a live electric bass, literally. They can image very well, but I don’t spend a lot of time in the sweet spot. I do however turn them to face into the room and into the kitchen and let the absolutely rip while I do chores or cook or whatever and it’s incredible. I’m not going to lay on a bunch of audiophile superlatives because I don’t find them useful. I’ll just say they have incredible dynamic range, shockingly good bass that spoils you, very high output, and very low distortion. They aren’t warm or cold, shrill or dull, bloated or dry. Nearly all the imaging of a mini monitor, nearly all the speed of a planar, and nearly all the bass of ported 15” subs, only with none of the drawbacks of those systems. I find them to be end-game (for my budget). If I were to upgrade I would probably try to find used spatial X1’s. I would compare them favorably with $15k beolab 5’s I’ve spent hundreds of hours with.

My only caveat is that they are very much “in your face”. Not in terms of treble response that most people would take that to mean, they are just very assertive in the room. They are in your face in the way listening to near field speakers are, even at distance. They are not mini-monitors and you will know they are not mini-monitors. They are also not the smeared, boomy mess that large multi way floorstanders typically are.

PS: DIRAC DSP has been hands down the most impressive audio product I’ve ever encountered, and I worked in the industry for 10+ years, but it’s been a while. I use the MiniDSP DDRC 2x4. It’s very easy to setup if you’re computer literate. Without DIRAC DSP, re-read my first line.

PPS: Oh yeah, DSP absolutely devours watts. I’m using 300W per channel. I wouldn’t use less.

Now go set an alert on hifishark.com for spatial M1’s or M3’s.

SolidSnake03

Reaction score
Wonderful write up my man! Those comments pair up very well with my impressions when I heard a pair a number of years ago. I’ll have to look further into DSP and start trolling hifishark again ;)

thank you so very much for that write up!

bryantcw

Reaction score

Latest posts