• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Snakes Stupid Nanohone Lapping Plate and Stone Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolidSnake03

Reaction score
Hey All,

Like all my other stupid sales, stupid prices, excellent gear. Prices include shipping in the ConUS, sorry no international on these. The stones have been used maybe 5-6 times or so at most so no real loss in height or wear. The lapping plates were used for maybe 10 - 15 stones tops so have plenty of life left. Really no detectable wear on those either and they should last for 1000's of stones. These are quite honestly the best lapping plates I've ever used, only reason I'm selling is I bought one of the mack daddy diamond button ones and it covers the range of both of these (and costs way more but wweeeeeeeee)

Enjoy!

Nanohone NL4 Coarse Lapping Plate Chevron Pattern = $140.00 SOLD
Nanohone NL5 Fine Lapping Plate Stars and Dots Pattern = $140.00 SOLD
JNS Red Synth Aoto = $60.00 SOLD
Morihei Hishiboshi Karasu 9k = $60.00 SOLD

Stones and Plates.jpg

Last edited:
I do and I don't if that makes sense. The coarse is ideal for more heavy lifting like 400-2k or so and the fine is everything above that but really I've used the coarse on fine stones too and just gave the stone surface a quick nagura scrub and you are good to go. So....yes and no?

I wouldn't recommend flattening like an 800 grit with the Fine just because it's a little slow for that, not that you couldn't do it ;)

As the purchaser of the NanoHone NL4 I wanted to come back to leave @SolidSnake03 outstanding feedback!

Super cool right away. Answered my questions, walked me through some stuff, quick and helpful. Shipping started the next morning and arrived half-a-big-country-away today (three days). Everything was packaged well and item was just as described. The price was crazy good but even without that incentive, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy from him again!

Thanks much. 👍

Latest posts

Back