So Adam sent me this teaser pic...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato42

Reaction score
He's been playing with my Konosuke Chuka, or has he calls it, license plate. BTW he measured it for me at 3.15mm above the heel, 2mm in the middle of the spine, and 1.47mm at the tip. weight is 473g with his handle. 210x100mm are the dimensions.

photo-5.jpg

Maybe we can lean on him to get some more pictures ;)

Yeah he is and I think he's starting to realize it humble as he is.

Keep in mind too that it's a short handle and has 3 pins, so this is maybe an inch and a half of it at most. I can't wait to see the rest of it, and hopefully taken with a REAL camera! Hear me Adam!:razz: I love my iphone but the pictures from it are crap.

Yeah he is and I think he's starting to realize it humble as he is.

Keep in mind too that it's a short handle and has 3 pins, so this is maybe an inch and a half of it at most. I can't wait to see the rest of it, and hopefully taken with a REAL camera! Hear me Adam!:razz: I love my iphone but the pictures from it are crap.

Good thing he has the worlds smallest hands, like that BK guy

Looking good already. Do you know what the woods are? I like the taper on the splated "bolster" and the transition between the two pieces.

I told him when I sent it to do whatever he wanted with it and he hasn't said much to me about it until recently. The first piece of wood looks like a bit of spalted maple, but I'm not really sure. The second piece isn't lit as well but you can see it's more porous and likely some kind of burl, but I couldn't say what. If I had to guess, I'd say he may have done at least one more piece joined in similar wavy S fashion a little further down the handle. I know he's proud of it, and he's not easily satisfied with his own work. I bet he's thinking "Too bad it's on a license plate" :razz:

Spalted maple burl for the ferrule piece. The rest of the handle, to the disappointment of Sean, is one piece of a still unknown to Sean wood.

I wasn't sure it was the same piece, but I had my suspicions:thumbsup:

Looking good Sean and Adam! A wood bolster is a good idea that I may have to "borrow" depending on how my attempts with metal go. If past attempts are any indication, they will not go well!

Oh yeah! It's funny even though he has those small girly hands :poke1: he makes the big fat butt shapely handles.:whistling: :D

It's been so long that I had hoped that had passed....thanks Colin!! :D

Oh yeah! It's funny even though he has those small girly hands :poke1: he makes the big fat butt shapely handles.:whistling: :D

Adams handles look great, but are FFFFAAAATTTT!

I think he makes them fat because he doesn't want the misses reaching for it. :D

I was kind of wondering the same. Then I figure he just meant something else.

Back