• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

so it begins, Mike Davis and Tonu Arrak

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As hefty as it is, how is the Davis as a cutter? It sure is a looker!

I think we need a Son Passaround. We could get a great big box with air holes and ship you from person to person to get you from NY to CA. Feed you, hose you off, pack you up and send you to the next person. (Or we could use the Hound.) You'd need to write the review.

The Mike Davis is a great cutter. You can pass me around if you want but, I ain't cheap.lol

What is the handle grip like for a right handed person with a size 7 1/2 glove size?

it has a nice substantial grip but, every knife is subjective to the owner. I like it. it isn't too big or too small.

bump
550 mike davis
325 tonu arrak

come on guys gotta get the hell out of here.

next one up is an old favorite from a great maker. SpikeC's original pettysuki.
The ferrule is ebony, the rest is stabilized redwood from the Burl Source.It is filled with Chatoyance. there is a split in the ferrule but, it has been filled with ca glue and is very stable.
The blade is 162mm long and 38mm tall at the heel.
The blade is O1 steel heat treated as per Devin Thomas' instructions, heated to 1475, quenched in fast quench oil, then soaked fro 30 minutes at minus 100º f., followed by double tempering at 345º f. The hardness should be between 61 and 63 hrc. The blade was coated with anti-scale compound prior to HT to minimize decarb. I'm going to miss this one when it's gone! $150 conus shipping

spikes knife 024.jpg

spikes knife 015.jpg

spikes knife 020.jpg

spikes knife 017.jpg

spikes knife 022.jpg

spikes knife 019.jpg

spikes knife 016.jpg

spikes knife 023.jpg

spikes knife 021.jpg

spikes knife 014.jpg

my favorite everyday driver is coming up next. A Mike Henry 10" forgecraft wa conversion. My heart hurts on this one. This particular one has one of the best grinds on a forgecraft I have used. if I recall the handle is stabilized buckeye burl. I love this knife $225 conus shipping. weird I don't think I took any pictures but, this one. The knife is being used by Cris Anderson right now but, will e sent out from his location. The blade is almost completely black from the best cultivated patina ever.

converion.jpg

Do to the post office being closed today, all packages will be sent out either tomorrow or later this week. Sorry for the inconvenience guys.

Son, let's talk the pettysuki. I've wanted one of Spike's for a while.

okey dokey, yep I wish Spike made more stuff. I love everything he has done for me.

Nice! He's one of my favourite guys on these forums, an his blades scream "Spike"!

to clarify the SpikeC pettysuki and the Tonu Arrak are both single bevel right handed.

Im interested in the spike if noones taken it Son.

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

Totally in for the pettysuki, put my name at the end of the list if it falls through

Damn, I can't believe I missed that Forgie Son. I had the chance to see his forge craft in person and it was an absolute beauty!

I'm more bummed about the Spike blade, but guessing that is one badass Forgie.

another little cutey with attitude.
Mike Davis mini chef knife
Just under 5 in. 15n20 blade
Flame Box elder Harvested,cut and cured by Mike Davis himself.
Takes a hair popping edge, not very reactive at all and takes a beautiful electric blue and purple patina.
Has cool pirate logo.
$125 conus shipping included

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

Back