So Which is the Mightiest gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the hell is a "Gyuto range?" The mightiest gyuto I have ever seen is the Mizuno honyaki. Easy. Nothing not named "deba" even comes close.

Cool. Then I interpreted correctly. :)

No problem TK

Dont want to offend with questions to simple or not worthy.

Sorry for being so stupid

What the hell is a "Gyuto range?" The mightiest gyuto I have ever seen is the Mizuno honyaki. Easy. Nothing not named "deba" even comes close.

range [reɪndʒ]
n

13. a rank, row, or series of items

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/range

You referenced Muzuno honyaki. That is one "range" or line of knives that Mizuno makes. JCK sells 4 different "ranges" (or lines) of Mizuno knives. Obviously just answering "Mizuno" wouldn't have cut it, you had to specify honyaki, which is what he was looking for.

Sorry. I didn't mean to make it sound like a bad question. It's just that the Miz is such a beast.

I guess I should have written: "Gyuto range?" The mightiest gyuto I have ever seen is the Mizuno honyaki. From what I've seen, nothing not named "deba" even comes close.

My bad.

Bummer. I would have liked to have contributed to the answer. What, it was up for how many minutes?

@ Welshstar, Perhaps you should let others respond as well?

Salty

When someone responds to a question with the first words " what the hell is " it indicates they are pissed and angry at the question

Im very sensitive to not starting any flame wars or environments where even dumb questions are jumped on, so my course of actiom was to just retreat and delete my apparently dumb question so as not to further inflame TK who has much higher standing than me in the forum

lol... i think you're taking this a bit too seriously. I'm pretty sure no offense was meant nor was the question stupid.

also, for what its worth, even within the same line, some sizes can be mighty while others thin. Better to ask about a specific brand/maker and size

Might be right Jon

Just its Friday and ive put up with a weeks worth of S**t at work and I dont need anymore !!!

i know the feeling... i say grab a large beer (like a 750ml), sit down, have a drink, and revisit this later

Might be right Jon

Just its Friday and ive put up with a weeks worth of S**t at work and I dont need anymore !!!
Jon is right hoping people will lighten up. Sorry you had a bad day others may have as well. We never know.
Maybe a maguro bocho tuna knife or a Watanabe kujira hocho (whale knife) *like Bishamon's for a mighty knife.,or Salty's The Queen Mother of all knives *Mizuno Tanrenjo 390mm special blue steel honyaki yanagi.
Maybe you are just looking for an actual gyuto style either way seeing those knives will cheer you up if you see them.

i know the feeling... i say grab a large beer (like a 750ml), sit down, have a drink, and revisit this later

Great plan

In fact im going to brave the snow and ice and walk to the local Microbrewery and have several large beers !!!

I will blame all posts when i return on u !!!

My best posts are under the influence. At least I think so.

Who wants to talk about a f%^&* up week?

I'll post the article tomorrow.

How much are you willing to put on that bet?

I'm in for $50 on that bet. If your restaurant is still standing Salty, my week was probably worse than yours. Gods. Who saw that truck

But I have insurance.

There is a battle on the horizon. Don't believe a thing that you read.
http://caledonia.patch.com/articles/caledonia-man-who-allegedly-drove-drunk-had-loaded-gun-in-his-car

Hmm.. Can I use a week last year. I want to play. Like a Jerry Springer Show. Involved my wife, my wife's stepbrother the kids called uncle that was a multiple degreed black belt, video cameras, photos, texts, emails, abortions,the hood of my car, jail, dropped charges, lawyers saying they would have done worse, dropped charges after quitting a job for severance money to pay bail bonds.

Life. It' gets weird sometimes.

I have a little history with these guys. That's another story.

Back