• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD SOLD Ikeda 270 yanigiba special blue suminagashi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dwalker

Reaction score
For your consideration, a nice Ikeda suminagashi in a no longer made blue steel. I purchased this knife from a reputable retailer in Japan a couple of years ago and have never used it. I did polish the Kiriba on natural bench stones and can tell you it is very even and easy to polish. I'm selling because it is too nice for my use due to the chaos that happens at sushi night at my house. Typically we have a party with another family and everyone (including the kids) take turns rolling and cutting the sushi. Loads of fun but not the environment for this knife. Below is from an email from the seller when I was purchasing this knife:

"Yes,I think that Ikeda is worth the higher price.He used old blue steel manufactured in 1953 for this yanagiba.

It is a little durable than modern blue steel but as easy to sharpen as white steel.So this blue steel was very popular.But Hitachi no longer manufactures this blue steel because of the cost..."

I paid $565 for the knife two years ago. I am asking $450 shipped domestic, international +$30. SOLD

Specs:
Heel to tip: 264mm
Height at heel: 35.3mm
Spine above heel: 4.2mm
Weight: 184gr / 6.5 oz
Handle: octagonal cherry with buffalo horn
Comes with original box and saya (pin included)

Y0wqueA.jpg

HKZ5LCn.jpg

mAVo46U.jpg

nwhsye6.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back