• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Some beauties: Comet, DeRosiers, Carter, Anderson

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, gotta keep downsizing. More coming in than going out, so I need to rectify this. I'll preface the details by saying all of these are excellent, A+ knives. None of them are anything but amazing cutters in their own way. All are nail bending thin behind the edge. I'm pretty nuanced these days with what I want to keep, and these either aren't getting the use they should (one case), or have slight things that make me choose a different knife when the time comes (one case), or I've got more inbound from the same maker (two of the cases).

1. SOLD Comet 260mm gyuto - rare beast in the wild here. amazing specs from Trey
52100 monosteel
Desert Ironwood and African Blackwood bolster, octo
275 grams
Heel at 61mm
Blade at 260mm
OAL at 413mm
Asking $775 CONUS/$800 Int'l
Distal Taper: 3.77mm at heel, 2.26 at 11cm from heel, 1.5mm at 3 cm from tip, 0.82mm at 1 cm from tip
Unused since current edge put on by Kevin P (Murder Sharp, aka: *********)

2. SOLD Adam/Haley DeRosiers, M.S. 250mm French chefs knife - super unique, only one they've ever made with two mastersmith stamps, due to the fact that Haley forged the blade and Adam finished it during the late stages of her pregnancy. Includes case and paperwork with the story of the knife.
250mm Gyuto
Parkerized W2 blade
Dyed maple birdseye maple burl western handle
311 grams
Heel at 61mm
Blade at 255mm
OAL at 388mm
Asking $1,500 U.S./$1,525 Int'l
Current edge put on by Kevin P (Murder Sharp, aka: *********)

3. Custom Carter/Muteki 253mm chefs knife by Taylor Shields
Custom made for me by Taylor Shields
Buckeye burl dyed handle with black G10 liners
White 1/san mai stainless
Weight 224 grams
Heel at 57mm
Blade at 253mm
OAL 365mm
Asking $550 CONUS, $575 Int'l
This is a geometry Taylor and Alex Horn designed while working together at Carter. It's a great looking blade and crazy thin towards the tip. A really nice laser cutting knife but with a little more weight than some lasers

4. Cris J. Anderson (CJA) 245mm Custom
Nitro-V stainless, XXT (extra, extra tall in Cris' lingo)
Std thickness
Custom "root beer" stabilized maple handle
216 grams
Heel at 65mm
Blade at 245mm
OAL at 401mm
Asking $1,125 CONUS, $1,150 Int'l

Photos of the group below for reference. If folks want specifics on each knife, just let me know. Happy to describe geometries, grind, etc. Thanks!
IMG_1779.jpg
IMG_1780.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone has any doubts the seller is an class act. I would have no problem buying an expensive knife from him.

Thanks for the note and ask. It's his proprietary geometry that is based off his time sword smithing, similar to work by Kato. It's a "U" shaped shinogi line with a back cut on the upper part of the blade, creating a sort of diamond shape in the center of the blade. For a taller blade it enables really good food release. Strong distal taper, very thin at the tip. Finished with his standard 800 grit finish but could be taken higher for a mirror polish is desired.

Back