Some for Geoff down under

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knyfeknerd

Original Knerd of Knives
Reaction score
Geo87 contacted me quite a while ago about doing some knives for a coworker of his who really couldn't afford it. Sorry it took SO FREAKING LONG!!!!!
But I'm slack!
Send me your address and I'll get these off to you this week for sure.
20140428_135321_zpsd9ztsr2a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
From top to bottom
Chinese(actually not bad) bread knife with Ironwood handle
Small stainless Victorinox made Sab with Snakewood handle-for use as a line knife
Kai Wasabi Santoku with Buckeye burl, amber spacer and Snakewood ferrule
Korean(from Son) suji with I forgotthewood handle.

I hope your apprentice/coworker enjoys!

Looks like you put a lot of time and effort into those knives, great job:notworthy:

Cool stuff, as usual, Chris! Just curious: How did that Kai Wasabi go? I never got around to do those, don't even know what the tang looks like...

Stefan

nice!!! where did you get that amber spacer material? I've been looking for some for a custom I'm getting (bought some tortoise buttons of etsy and they are really thin). Can you post a close up?

Chris I am speechless .
He will most likely cry when he gets these.... Tears of joy of course !
I'll try to record his reaction when he receives them lol.

Your generosity is mind blowing.
The generosity of this forum and everyone participating in PIF has renewed my faith in humans ! Lol
I'll pm you shortly

Geoff.

Amazing stuff Chris! That Kai wasabi looks like it could be some fun.:nunchucks:

Terrific knives. Real quality, must give you a sense of pride.

I'm about to head to the Post Office to ship these soooooo insanely far away. I took a while last night after work to sharpen them up. The Suji is one of the most reactive knives I've ever dealt with, I highly recommend doing a mustard patina on it after you receive it.
Just a couple decent pics -I took the group shot with my celly, it's so much more convenient to upload photos via my Photobucket App, but the quality sucks!
DSC_0015_zps09474943.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The Suji
DSC_0011_zps609a655c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The Bread
DSC_0005_zpsdc8f1f78.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The Santoku. To answer a couple questions- The Wasabi was a little bit of a PITA. The Ho-colored Pom handle is secured by a hole in the tang. It took so long to get it disconnected. The tang was fairly short and easy to mount though. The amber spacer material is from Jantz, the only downside is that you can see the dowel and part of the tang through it!
DSC_0003_zps4d2ab9f3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The small Victorinox Sab. This was my first time working with Snakewood. It wasn't too bad. Definitely a little "splintery" but it is really textured and cool when finished.
Geoff-to answer the question-Victorinox is a maker and Sab is a patent/style.

All look good Chris:doublethumbsup: Really liking the bread knife

Alright finally I got around to uploading the video of him receiving the knives! sorry it took me so long. I had to slightly edit it as there was alot of him just looking confused and in shock. I apologize for my terrible editing skills and the massive logo in the middle of the screen from the free video editing software... its all i could come up with my limited skills and resources :) I hope you enjoy anyway.

\[video=youtube_share;GoSVMJf9M9g]http://youtu.be/GoSVMJf9M9g[/video]

Back