Some of my previous works

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

MattM82

Reaction score
Following a very warm welcome I thought I’d share some images of previous work I’ve done. The WIP is what I was working on and researching when I came across the forum.
All the work in these was done by me. Damascus, forging, grinding, heat treat, handle work and sayas.
Thanks for looking.
Matt

Attachments

Last edited:

MattM82

Reaction score
Beautiful! Especially the damascus clad blade with the burl handle. Is that amboyna?
Thank you Caleb, that is Western Redbox burl that I stabilized with Cactus juice. I had a thing for quite a while of only using Australian Timber’s, but of late I’ve been using Timber’s from all over. The third pic down is Cocobolo. The 6th down, the pair is cross-cut Bocote.

Last edited:

milkbaby

Well-Known Doofus
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, nice work! I really dig the keyhole integral, that's slick!

MattM82

Reaction score
Welcome, nice work! I really dig the keyhole integral, that's slick!
Thank you very much, glad you like it. I took a class with Mastersmith Rodgrigo Sfreddo on how to make keyholes and that's the knife I made. I have another two on the go right now, a 270mm damascus gyoto and a 175mm damascus Nakiri (although that one is going to be a little different, and hopefully awesome!)

M1k3

Reaction score
Very nice work! The one in picture #6 is my favorite.

inferno

Reaction score
really impressive blades but GOD DAMN that wood man! very good selction there!

MattM82

Reaction score
Thanks to you and Valgard,

Keyholes are definitely my new favourite style but they are so much more work that I have to restrain myself from committing to too many.

I do have a 270mm Damascus Gyoto keyhole in the works and something else that’s a little special. I’ll post them up when done.

MattM82

Reaction score
really impressive blades but GOD DAMN that wood man! very good selction there!
I have quite the collection of Timber’s, it’s my favourite part of a build when I’m choosing from them, but I also have some excellent timber suppliers, one who is local and I can drive to his place and look through his stock... fun but usually expensive