• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Some stones

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some of these I’ve listed before; I’m considering all those listings to be withdrawn and starting fresh. Polish pics are not available because I don’t know how to do it, sorry but that is what it is.

0186A6E5-D731-4176-86F6-8C84BF76EDB6.jpeg

12D1B5CB-A08E-4CF6-906C-C4C5D37D72F6.jpeg

B800B6A7-99F8-4644-AA66-1BBA921C0AD5.jpeg

Thuringian hone, bought here. Feels and sharpens like any good jnat. Very fine and leaves a grabby, burr-free edge. Raises more mud than a hard jnat but doesn’t seem dishy at all. 253x49x6mm thick, 229g. $150

Nakayama has been fixed. What I had done was used an unworn cheap diamond plate on it to try to raise slurry, but I ended up grooving it with deep 400 grit scratches that then left a scratch pattern on metal. I was able to fix this by lapping it smooth with other stones instead. First or second jnat, got from badgertooth. Does self slurry, is towards the hard end But not skippy. Leaves a wicked edge. Lacquered and mounted. 205x57x17mm thick, 659g with base. $150

Mizukihara suita I did some research and determined that the current market value of comparable stones is lower than I’ve tried to sell it for. Really good feeling stone, has some karasu pattern, grippy but not sticky. Again rather hard but will self slurry without nagura and likewise leaves a killer edge. Probably 207x78x28mm thick, 1169g. $200

Two synthetics, Naniwa Superstone 12000 (white) 209x69x18 and Sigma Power Select II 6000 (Orange) 210x75x24. Naniwa was 20mm and Sigma was 25. I don’t usually sell or buy used synthetics; I usually give them to my guys but these stones aren’t what they need. Both are the same type, the word might be resinoid? They are soakers and not splash n go, certainly, but they CANNOT be permasoaked. The abrasive or the binder will leach out and leave a rough surface that needs to be lapped off, making more work and shortening the life of the stone. I‘ve lapped them flat and smooth again and chamfered the corners and edges. I wanted to try a high grit sigma and a superfine synthetic but it turns out these are just not my kind of stones. They’re definitely someone’s though! The sigma is a good fine stone for high carbide/wear resistant knives and the 12k is definitely for mirror polishing. I’d prefer to ship one package rather than two, $100 for the pair.

I never got good results from it until I tried soaking it, it just sucked up the water and got gluey— but then again clearly I haven’t been able to use it well regardless 😅 the sigma will suck up water quickly, might get better if it’s sealed. I sealed my 240 with good results vis a vis thirstiness

Latest posts

Back