Spalted Pecan/Bone/Bog Oak Handle Blank FS

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhenry

Reaction score
Spalted Pecan is kinda rare you don't see it too often. It's hard to find this heavily spalted too. It smells good when you are working it kinda like BBQ.
23x29mm at the ferrule, I already have 4mm of taper on it, 160mm long. It can be shaped down to fit anything except 120mm petties.
165.00 mounted and returned in the conUS
Thanks

IMG_4145.jpg

IMG_4146.jpg

IMG_4147.jpg

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4149.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

Lovin' it Mike!
That would be perfect on my Butch nakiri.
Too bad I'm broke!
GLWS!

Thanks Chris. If this one doesn't sell I am going to quit offering finished/semi-finished handles for sale completely, seems like the forum has lost interest in these?

Lovin' it Mike!
That would be perfect on my Butch nakiri.
Too bad I'm broke!
GLWS!

It seems like a lot of finished handles have been selling from another user mike. This is beautiful work, truly unique! Sweet piece!

I think it goes in cycles. For a while it took Stephan time to get ready made's moving. But then again what do I know???

Don't stop making your own design/combos Mike!
You're the man!

I think it goes in cycles. For a while it took Stephan time to get ready made's moving. But then again what do I know???

Yep, that's the way it seems to be. I was a few times at the point of giving up handle making because they didn't sell. But some other times they go fast. You never know. Personally, I think these half-finished ones are a great idea and I may steal that occasionally in the future... Gives you a good idea of the final product and still lets you adapt it to the size you need.

Stefan

Thanks Stefan, please steal away. I didn't mean for that post to sound like I was whining. It's the waste that bugs me the most. I know every thing I make isn't going to sell in 30 seconds. I just hate to see these often rare and hard to get materials go unused and get wasted, because I put something together that isn't appealing
I don't think I could ever quit though!

Yep, that's the way it seems to be. I was a few times at the point of giving up handle making because they didn't sell. But some other times they go fast. You never know. Personally, I think these half-finished ones are a great idea and I may steal that occasionally in the future... Gives you a good idea of the final product and still lets you adapt it to the size you need.

Stefan

Thanks Stefan, please steal away. I didn't mean for that post to sound like I was whining. It's the waste that bugs me the most. I know every thing I make isn't going to sell in 30 seconds. I just hate to see these often rare and hard to get materials go unused and get wasted, because I put something together that isn't appealing
I don't think I could ever quit though!

I understand the feeling.
There have been times in the past when I get something exceptional and put it in our webstore.
Then a couple hours when they haven't started selling I get frustrated.
I complain a bit and then next day I find they all sold overnight.

My thoughts are that as long as you make a well made product they will always sell.
Just takes longer than you expected sometimes.

Back