• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Spare, Brooke Turner, Halcyon Forge, Birgersson, Spare/Aspen, Kippington, Marius

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alright friends and family, it’s closet clean out time. I have some really nice stuff here, they would all be keepers if it wasn’t for my ridiculously poor spending habits. I had to dig really deep here, this sale is taking A LOT of bravery…

Jokes aside, these are some nice knives and they’re all in great condition. All with absolute minimal use. I struggled a little bit with some light coming in from the front, so if you're interested, I can get you some additional specs and pics (foot stuff, nudes, ect.) by request. All prices include shipping and PayPal fees, discounts will be applied for fee-free options. Thanks for looking!

Spare Damascus bunka 180x52: Asking $350 Sold

Spare Damascus with bog oak and wrought iron handle. I know a lot of you out there aren’t huge bunka guys, but it’s a really sweet little knife. Tight pattern with some forge marks on it makes for a nice combo. Includes oak saya. Minimal use, no sharpening.

Brooke Turner 220x52: Asking $520 $500

5200 monosteel with a charred oak handle. I’ve been dying to try BT’s stuff for a while, and I bought this spontaneously when Migoto dropped it. Its very nice and really well built, cool slightly hollow grind, but too light and thin for me. weight is 180g. It is brand new in the Migoto box. I’m asking what I paid for it.

Halcyon Forge 245x56: Asking $950 $925

This one is 1.2519 steel with wrought iron cladding, curly maple handle. I’ve thought a lot about keeping this one. I absolutely love the cladding and the light KU on it, but it’s just too thin and I would rather have a beefcake WH from him in this length. It has a cool forged S grind. Don’t let the choil fool you, it has a thick heel but is quite thin and light. This one is brand new, has never been used. If no one wants it, Ima keep it. Weight is 220g.

Birgersson 240x60: Asking $400 $375

BB taco with a bocote handle. I absolutely love this knife, it’s the second best cutter in my collection. Insanely thin behind the edge with a needle tip. I’m selling with the hopes to get a full tang western from him in the future. Used 3 times, never sharpened.

Spare/Aspen Collab 220x55: Asking $400 $375

Spicy white core with clean wrought cladding, walnut and brass handle. This is from 2 makers that I love and respect (Patrik did the forging while Spare did the grind and handle) and I was very lucky to get included in this mini drop. I used it one time and it cuts very well. With that being said (once again) its just too thin and light for me. weight is 184g. It deserves better than being cooped up in my drawer.

Last edited:
Kippington 225x52: Asking $600 Sold

52100 with a pine and horn handle. If you read the BB caption and were wondering, this knife is the best cutter in my collection. It’s a laserpony grind, and just fantastic in every way. The choil shot looks funky because of the way the heel tilts forward, but its crazy thin while being close to 4mm at the heel of the spine. Used 3 times, never sharpened. weight is 210g.

Marius Smide 230x55: Asking $600 Sold

I am unsure what the core steel is but cladding is some of the craziest wrought I’ve ever seen. Great profile and insane taper. I didn’t want to sell this one, I consider it to be something of a “Swedish Unicorn” since Marius does not make many knives. I got this one from the famous Swedish knife collector who needs no introduction; he was kind enough to sharpen this one and send it my way. I cleaned off his insanely beautiful patina (sorry man) but have never used it. Sharpened by Doc, never used by me. weight is 225g.

Yanick 240x60: Traded Traded

Congratulations on making it this far! This is a maker who I believe needs no introduction around these parts. His usual steel and wrought iron, with a custom Tasmanian and African blackwood handle. I got it second hand and the handle had a crack in it, hence the replacement done by the great Sean Porter. I used it 3 times or so and it was sharpened by the previous owner. It has some extremely light scratches near the blade edge. They’re hardly noticeable, and will disappear with a light polish, but I want to be as transparent as possible. I am reserving this one for trade. I like western makers, I like Yo Jiro (preferable new or like new), I like workhorses. I am not interested in 99% of J knives, and I probably won’t trade for 5 mid-range Japanese knives who’s total value is equivalent. I would consider knife + cash offers if the deal is fair. Lets discuss in the DM’s and not the thread please

Last edited:
Nooo😅 Whyyy is that Yanick only up for trade! Feelings was hurt reading this thread…

Some nice gems listed here. The Yanick was once mine, but I think I used it once.
I’ve been wanting a Smide for some time now though. Been very curious about his work

What a thread. Incredible prices on some absolutely beast mode knives. GLWS, although these knives do sell themselves. I feel you on the wh vibe. It’s all I want these days.
I can appreciate the cutting ability of a laser, but when it comes to knife in hand and on the board I want that BEEF!

Marius and kipp are sold and a deal was made for the yanick. Thank you everyone who reached out with their generous offers! If I didn’t get back with you personally please don’t think that was a slight against you or your offer, simply a mix between lots of messages and me working the night shift. Lots of great knives still available!

Hello! I’m very interested in the Spare Bunka, I sent a message in case this doesn’t post. Having internet issues at the moment.

Back