Special Carter's Are In.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
As of now CKTG has the special Carter's in stock. At 8:00 am tomorrow I will be buying any that are left.

Just saying.

I just visited to see what the deal was and they're sold out. I guess it's a good deal for a carter 240mm, but I'm not a fan of that handle. Not at all.:puke:

Works for me.

After buying one I came back a few hours later surprised to see they were still in stock so I bought another. Then I figured I should issue a warning.

450$ for a 240mm :eek2: How did I miss that:angry1:

Why do you need two? Haha

I'm pretty sure the only Carter Salty has is the shorter funayuki on his site - which he has always praised as being a really good knife. I don't think he had a Carter gyuto till now, and I'm betting he's planning on implementing these heavily into his rotation, and wouldn't surprise me if he was getting them for his employees to use as well, so buying more than one in his case makes a lot of sense.

Works for me.

After buying one I came back a few hours later surprised to see they were still in stock so I bought another. Then I figured I should issue a warning.

Yeah, I was monitoring them for 3-4 hours and was surprised to see them still there, but I just couldn't get another 240.

k.

Yeah, I was monitoring them for 3-4 hours and was surprised to see them still there, but I just couldn't get another 240.

k.

Same here, I even went so far as to put one in my cart! However the Modernist Cuisine drained my quota of purchases that I can't afford for a few months :|

snap. That was quite a sale. Cheap too. Too bad the handle is gross looking. It must look different in person.

I like the handle. What's the issue with it?

How on earth could you like that handle...

I dunno, I just do! Haha
It' a lot better than my Carter handle :)

I was thinking the same thing, PT. If the handle were the other way around, it would have looked nicer IMO. I don't get what that weird spacer in the middle is, though. It made it too busy for my tastes.

Fair enough. Why don't I like the handle: The mircata pattern looks really weird to me, almost like really thin rope coiled around the knife. The spacer is too big and just clashes for me.

Maybe some other people like it, for me it's too busy - and not in a good way like Itou knives.

I lusted after a 150 petty with a lapis lazuli handle, but it just wasn't available. I ended up with a Takeda, what's up with THAT!

The plot thickens!
I like the "parachute cord" look to the handle. Maybe it is to bring us back to the neck knives that we used to see from him. Who knows.

If Dave is right, it certainly would explain the inexpensive price (relatively speaking). Secondary handles lowers the cost, as Murray charges crazy fees for them.

From what Mark posted on his Facebook page, Murray did the handles:

"They are not mirror finished. ... Murray basically had the green light to do whatever he wanted and he changed his mind on the finish and the handle when he went to do it."

Just about any Stefan handle ever made > These handles. Of course this is my personal opinion. For the record I never liked the Itou handles either. Of course $450 for the blade alone seems to be a deal. Anyone know why Mark was selling these at such an obviously low price point? Is the quality going to be any different than normal Carter blades?

It was a special to commemorate his 50,000th order. Not exactly a giveaway, but certainly a special treat for those who didn't just purchase a surprise clutch kit and transmission. :cry:

Back