Sports chat

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nemo

Staff member
Global Moderators
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were having a bit of a chat about various sports in the NFL thread: https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/index.php?posts/592013

I thought we should stop derailing that thread and move the discussion here.

On cricket: Ashes are coming up. Aussie bowling is not too bad at the moment but we don't have any batsmen who can reliably string together any more than a dozen runs. Losing our 2 best batsmen to sandpapergate didn't help.

We just got trounced 2-1 by India in Australia (the scoreline really doesn't reflect how dominant India were). Any UK members know how England are playing at the moment?

Last edited:
There is a station that broadcasts live cricket, but it doesn't come with my cable TV plan. During The Ashes I'm often able to find it streamed online for free, found through multiple googles—it's dodgy in quality, think it's a Malaysian link. Other than that, used to watch it at an Aussie themed gastropub in Brooklyn called the "Sheep Station"—they've unfortunately closed down, maybe because of the name.

The Pakistani eateries in Brooklyn seem to be always showing either news, Bollywood or cricket.

There is a station that broadcasts live cricket, but it doesn't come with my cable TV plan. During The Ashes I'm often able to find it streamed online for free, found through multiple googles—it's dodgy in quality, think it's a Malaysian link. Other than that, used to watch it at an Aussie themed gastropub in Brooklyn called the "Sheep Station"—they've unfortunately closed down, maybe because of the name.

The Pakistani eateries in Brooklyn seem to be always showing either news, Bollywood or cricket.
For matches in Australia, the ABC (Aust Broadcasting Corp) streams the radio coverage on the "ABC Listen" app and probably via the "Grandstand" section of theit website (abc.net.au).

I don't know whether there is geoblocking and not sure if a VPN would get around it, but it's worth a try.

Meanwhile, at the Gabba (Brisbane) Test, Sri lanka batted first and were all out for 144. Australia 2/72 at stumps on day one.

Back