• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Spring Cleaning Pt. 4 - HD2, CCK Cleaver, KS

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runner_up

Reaction score
Well, I'm continuing to consolidate the collection. I'm in hunt of big game, and in order to pull the trigger I want to let some other knives go. All prices include paypal fees and shipping CONUS.

Konosuke HD2 240mm Gyuto
236mm x 48.5mm 145 grams
I love this knife. The steel takes an awesome edge and holds it well. Great product separation and release. Has been sharpened a few times, has ton of life left. Has some horizontal lines from a green scrub pad. Comes with Saya - $275

CCK 1303
211mm x 85mm 272 grams

Sharpened a few times, used as a pizza cutter mostly, hahaha. Knife has patina, but nothing that you feel when running a finger nail over. Beastly after a 1500k stone and leather strop. Great veggie knife, nice and thin. - $40

Masamoto KS gyuto
250mm x 47mm 170 grams
As time has gone on I have just stopped using this knife. Really beautiful knife and love it's profile and grind - down the road I want to pick up a 270 so I'm moving this one on. Not much to say here, excellent later generation knife from JCK that comes with saya that has pin. Has some patina and has been sharpened once. $370

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just about to call a place across the country and order a CCK, but I'll snag this instead! PM incoming.

CCK is sold with a lot of interest on the HD2 and KS. Please note at this time that I am not accepting trades :)

Bump and price drop :

Masamoto KS + saya - $360 including PP and shipping CONUS
Konosuke HD2 + saya - $260 ($240 without saya)

Just curios - the HD2 is longer than 240? Usually I thought they ran short.

Thanks for pointing that out. Don't know what I measured, the HD2 is 236mm heel to tip. Can't edit original post.

Konosuke is SOLD!

Masamoto KS with saya now $350 USD shipped CONUS.

I was tempted by the Konosuke. The main sticking point would be shipping to the Netherlands, as I've no idea what that would cost. Or how import taxes work on secondhand sales...

I was tempted by the Konosuke. The main sticking point would be shipping to the Netherlands, as I've no idea what that would cost. Or how import taxes work on secondhand sales...
At least in the US, import taxes can be largely avoided depending on how the seller marks/values the goods in shipment.

At least in the US, import taxes can be largely avoided depending on how the seller marks/values the goods in shipment.
That also works here. The Tojiro Shirogami Hairline Nakiri I bought from a Japanese store was marked as a lower price than what I paid for it. I paid €45 incl shipping, but it was declared as ~€21 (it was in Yen) at customs. You start paying taxes for everything over €22 for anything bought outside the EU here in the Netherlands. This threshold differs a bit per EU country.

That also works here. The Tojiro Shirogami Hairline Nakiri I bought from a Japanese store was marked as a lower price than what I paid for it. I paid €45 incl shipping, but it was declared as ~€21 (it was in Yen) at customs. You start paying taxes for everything over €22 for anything bought outside the EU here in the Netherlands. This threshold differs a bit per EU country.
Haha, that's great. I've always wondered if there's any legal exposure for a company that provides this "service." I'm guessing bigger companies wouldn't be willing to mark down the value of the goods they ship.

Back