SS Clad Blue #2 Toyama!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I saw this too..... what is this blasphemy any bets on how fast these will sell out?

35 seconds is my guess....for 240 that is

They are up and available now for anyone of ya'll interested. Both 210mm and 240mm in stock. He also posted some really cool stones.

Also, if you read the email Maxim gives us the impression that Toyama will be making more stainless clad knives in the future. Maybe even more than iron clad.

The empty listings without a picture have been up for a day or two. I put the 240 on my wish list and I haven't gotten an email from them, so I'm not sure if the 240 was ever actually available yet. Did anyone actually see it for sale?

The empty listings without a picture have been up for a day or two. I put the 240 on my wish list and I haven't gotten an email from them, so I'm not sure if the 240 was ever actually available yet. Did anyone actually see it for sale?

Yes both the 210 and 240 were available when I first posted around 25 minutes ago.

Was hoping the 240s were still coming. Oh well. I have my iron clad 240 and its one of my favorite knives. Hopefully there will be more in the future.

Damn man, I would love to get a hold of a SS clad Toyama. And I certainly hope Toyama does continue to make great knives despite his age.

Would love to see some reviews on them. Definitely interesting

I have one of the 240s coming in, I’m happy to post some specs and pics when it arrives.

I have a 210 coming which I’m super stoked about would of loved a 180 length gyuto but he doesn’t make them that small. I love my 240 Kasumi so my expectations are through the roof. I can’t wait to go to town on the 25+ lbs of both onions and tomatoes and 10 lbs of lemons every damn day. I was getting tired of using my wat pro petty. All my gyutos are iron clad so it will be nice to get a new steel into the mix especially from a maker I’m super fond of and comfortable with

I have many many iron clad, it’ll be nice to have a few stainless clad too, especially a Toyama! To each their own, it’s one of the great things knives.

I picked up one of these 240's and unboxed it today. Here's some pics! Nakneker, I'll be curious to see how yours differs.

VnIKsOL.jpg

jlYjRHr.jpg

Ujoof8T.jpg

gD4avut.jpg

b3C3A4L.jpg

Why would anyone want a stainless clad knife?

I actually have a 240 iron-clad Toyama too that I'll be letting go to keep the stainless clad. I live in a small apartment right now and my cutting board is situated directly next to my cutting board and knife storage area. Occasionally I'll splash water onto my knives while washing dishes, sometimes resulting in surface-level rust. I've been careful about it with the Toyama but it has happened to one of my other carbon knives. If I had a more spacious kitchen or could somehow put my knives somewhere else I'd probably just keep the iron-clad. SS clad does have some nice maintenance advantages...

Wow it’s much lighter than my iron 240 which is a plus because I can’t stand the handles they don’t feel right if you’ve used a better one I’ll be sending mine out to be rehandled. But it looks beautiful how does it cut

Why would anyone want a stainless clad knife?
I cut a ton of onions daily and I’ve been using my toyoma for a couple months and it still reacts with the onions. Maybe the tomatoes eat the patina away and that’s why but I definitely will get a ton of use out of both of them now

I got the 210 Stainless and its fantastic. I missed out on the 240s unfortunately, so I'm going to sell this 210 and cross my fingers that maxim gets some more 240s in soon, but I couldn't control myself and had to pick up the 210 and try it.

Lovely. My 210mm just arrived today.
First thought was that it is a really nice knife. Second thought, it’s reasonably light with a long handle.
Third thought was that I wish the standard handle could be better quality.
It’s still in the office so haven’t had a chance to test it out yet.

I picked up one of these 240's and unboxed it today. Here's some pics! Nakneker, I'll be curious to see how yours differs.

VnIKsOL.jpg
That will be. I’ll post some pics and specs when it arrives.

That will be. I’ll post some pics and specs when it arrives.
Reminds me... the SS clad is ever so slightly shorter than the iron-clad I have. The iron clad is about 55mm at the heel and the SS is 53mm at the heel. The profile feels slightly different but I can't put my finger on why... I'll try to take some profile comparison pictures tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back