SS Clad Watanabe?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taramonia

Reaction score
So I stopped by his website and was looking at the Pro stock list and apparently the gyutos are all SS clad now? I always wanted to try a Wat but knew I wouldn't like the iron cladding so this is right up my alley if he's doing this now. Anyone have their hands on one of these?

Same here. Was after the toyama ss clad but don’t know when they are back in stock at JNS. The other opt is watanabe, but need more information before i buy it.

Toyama is among my fav knives now. Insane cutting power on them. Grab them if you can. Same goes for Wat.

Yeah. Toyama is the priority for now, don’t know when i have the chance to get one. I can grab watanabe anytime from sinichi.

Sorry OP, I don’t mean to derail your thread. But if you curious about the watanabe, you should try one. I have the nakiri and i love it.

Yeah. Toyama is the priority for now, don’t know when i have the chance to get one. I can grab watanabe anytime from sinichi.

Sorry OP, I don’t mean to derail your thread. But if you curious about the watanabe, you should try one. I have the nakiri and i love it.
I saw on Instagram a couple days ago that Maxim had a couple 240 stainless clad available. By the time I could find it on the website it was out of stock.

I wish Maxim would update his site a little bit (have an In Stock Only tag like Jon, for example). Everytime I search for Toyama it asks if I meant to type Toyota :confused:

I saw on Instagram a couple days ago that Maxim had a couple 240 stainless clad available. By the time I could find it on the website it was out of stock.

Yes, i saw that one too. I just hope it will back in stock soon.
If you apply for the newsletter, he will tell you what’s back in stock by email. Thats when he make it available at his JNS website.

On Maxim's site, hovering over an item of interest will give you "Select Options" or "Add to Cart" (it's in stock) or "out of stock".

Caveat with: if memory serves.

Back