Stabilized Hawaiian Mango Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just finished posting some new Hawaiian Mango blocks in my store.
Nice coloring and very good figure.
These were stabilized by K&G Stabilizing. I thought they turned out nice.

Just click on the photo if you want to go to the store for a closer look.

There are still 10 more blocks calling out loudly.

Mark,
Do you mind holding pieces until a customer gets to $100?
I sent a PM with instructions.

[video]https://youtu.be/L1kQ8uE9VOw[/video]
Not sure what I am doing wrong but the old way of posting a video only shows a link.

[video=youtube;L1kQ8uE9VOw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1kQ8uE9VOw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Thanks Dave. How did you do that?
I would copy the share address then click the film strip and enter the address but that only posted the link in my post.

I would copy the share address then click the film strip and enter the address but that only posted the link in my post.

It works for me when posing the full URL but not when using the share link.

I used the "Insert Video" button found at the top of the "Quick Reply" box. Just drop the URL in that and it's set.

OK, I got it now. Thank You. I was using the share link instead of the actual url and that was messing me up like Mas4t0 said. Thank You Dave.
Is this where I say to myself.........duuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh.

[video=youtube;L1kQ8uE9VOw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1kQ8uE9VOw[/video]

If you are interested in seeing what curly mango looks like on a knife, here's a Kato I had Ian of Haburn Cutlery put a handle together from a piece I got from Mark a while back. This wood looks even better. The handle on the Kato has darkened somewhat and has a more caramel color than in this pic where they were freshly finished. Really nice wood for handles in my opinion.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...west-knife-buy?p=391193&viewfull=1#post391193

Good looking knife! I like the bog oak ferrule with it. Both being coarser grain goes well together.
attachment.php

On the subject of bog oak.....
a bunch of pieces are coming via sea from Ukraine sometime this month, then off to the stabilizers. These blocks will be even bigger than before.
bog.jpg

OK, I got it now. Thank You. I was using the share link instead of the actual url and that was messing me up like Mas4t0 said. Thank You Dave.
Is this where I say to myself.........duuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh.

Seems like every forum I frequent has a different way to post videos so it's not strange that you had trouble. Glad I could help though. :)

Oh and I also used a block of mango from you a few weeks ago and I loved the results. It was real nice to work with too. I used to shy away from this stuff but I think it was a case of me not being good enough to know how to make the best of it. I sure won't hesitate using mango that you supply. :doublethumbsup:

A bit off topic but I just bought a slab of mango for a mantel. 2 1/2" thick 100" long and 24" wide. Going to finish it just with sanding and a sealer. Beautiful slab of wood.

I still have a block from the summer (#4180) and another one from this batch on the way. The chatoyance on the unfinished blocks is impressive, I can only imagine how it will look in a finished handle, and how much better it will look in person

Oh and I also used a block of mango from you a few weeks ago and I loved the results. It was real nice to work with too. I used to shy away from this stuff but I think it was a case of me not being good enough to know how to make the best of it. I sure won't hesitate using mango that you supply. :doublethumbsup:

Good to know ;)

I want to see a picture of this in the off topic forum:).

+1

Latest posts

Back