stag fame handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSC /// Knives

KKF Supporting Craftsman
Reaction score
Haven’t done a frame handle in some time. This is a 6 5/8” funayuki with Sambar stag handle with silicon bronze frame and domed pins. Steel is Damascus sumingashi with white steel core, quenched in water

regards
Harbeer

xWAQp33.jpg

uXXNxnf.jpg

GvUtutD.jpg

Nice, very rustic yet refined with the bronze. kindof reminds me of Yoshimitsu meets Saji

Not bad for a hobbyist

thanks very much, I actually just sort of went full-time a month ago....at least trying it out :)
I was a part time hobbyist for 2 1/2 yrs, been absent for the last 6 months
I've sold about 50-60 knives, mostly outdoor fixed blades, friction folders and a few slip joints.
I'm really just regaining my skills to be sharp again.

regards

thanks very much, I actually just sort of went full-time a month ago....at least trying it out :)
I was a part time hobbyist for 2 1/2 yrs, been absent for the last 6 months
I've sold about 50-60 knives, mostly outdoor fixed blades, friction folders and a few slip joints.
I'm really just regaining my skills to be sharp again.

regards

Congrats and best luck, keep in mind
Show your handiwork is for hobbyists to show their work , not for the full time makers

here's another stag frame handle completed
I need another hour or so of sanding and buffing but I wanted to get some pics before it got dark
pics aren't sharp, I guess there wasn't enough light

6 5/8" Damascus suminagashi white steel quenched in water
frame handle of silicon bronze, kingwood and sambar stag
sorry I can't show the front side since I don't have the supporting membership yet, still trying to see if it's right for me

the last pic shows the blade with an etched edge transitioning to a polish as it approaches the spine.
going for a faux hamon look

thanks for looking

01Kl1BA.jpg

VUbABul.jpg

ftTlNY7.jpg

ckGzt6L.jpg

Back