• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Stainless or R2 180 Gyuto sub $200

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apocalypse

Reaction score
I have a good friend of mine that wants to get his wife a good Gyuto for Christmas. His budget is under 200. So I figured I'd reach out here and see if anyone has anything good I can help him buy for her here.

As of today (Monday) you can get a 180 akifusa for under $200 at epicedge. Its made of SRS-15 steel which is a stainless PM steel in the same class as R2/SG2. A 180 gyuto in this grade of steel under $200 that is in stock is unheard of.

As of today (Monday) you can get a 180 akifusa for under $200 at epicedge. Its made of SRS-15 steel which is a stainless PM steel in the same class as R2/SG2. A 180 gyuto in this grade of steel under $200 that is in stock is unheard of.

Just as I went to buy this for them the price jumped up to 270 :/

Thank you to everyone for helping! Picked up the Akifusa for them! The website must've been doing weird things while updating for the sale. :)

Fyi, The akifusa PM 180 gyuto was about $250 on Sunday. Its $185 today. Its a great deal.

They also have the Akifusa paring knives on sale, a 80mm with D handle in Aogami Super for $85. Also the shun paring try-me for dirt cheap. Two options for D handles.

Back