Starter Knife Giveaway

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fimbulvetr

Reaction score
So, I have a few old work knives I've outgrown that I'm looking to give away to cooks who might be in need of starter J-knives and don't might getting used knives, warts and all. All of these are more than serviceable, but all have seen use inside a restaurant kitchen, so they aren't lookers.

I've got 3 270mm gyutos: a Misono UX-10 with scuffs and scratches; a Kikuichi Carbon Elite with a patina, some scuffs, and a slightly flatter profile than I seem to remember it coming with (let's say I meant to do that- in any event, I love this knife); and a Suisin High Carbon with a patina and a new tip courtesy of a run-in with a concrete floor. Pics at https://instagram.com/p/BSO_MvdA8F1/ .

Also up for grabs is a Fujiwara FKM honesuki, and a truly ...something... Tojiro white steel 240 k-tip gyuto in all its project knife glory.

Anyone know a cook who'd appreciate these? They've all served me well, so good homes are a must. CONUS only, please.

That is so kind of you. I would love to take one off your hands for a chef that I'm training. He just started learning sushi and his knife is really not up to par. Any would really make his day, that UX10 would probably last him a good couple of years.

Cheers. :)

That is so kind of you. I would love to take one off your hands for a chef that I'm training. He just started learning sushi and his knife is really not up to par. Any would really make his day, that UX10 would probably last him a good couple of years.

Cheers. :)

Done! PM me your mailing address, and I'll try to get it out tomorrow.

Good on you for supporting the community. I hope these will be well used.

Misono 270, Suisin 270, and Fujiwara FKM honesuki all boxed and ready to ship once I drag my butt to the post office tomorrow.

The Kikuichi and the Tojiro still need homes.

Aaaand that's the ballgame. Assuming I hear back from everyone who's claimed a knife with a mailing address, all the knives are spoken for. Thanks, y'all. This has been fun.

Nice gesture! Thanks for the generosity, hope someone puts them to good use!

Nice gesture! Thanks for the generosity, hope someone puts them to good use!

That's my hope too! I come from a tool-worshipping family: we all get sloppily sentimental about the inanimate objects that make up our world, so, while I'm glad to be helping the community and happy to be making some much-needed space, there have been a few tears too. The folks at the Post Office must think I'm insane. 🤡

Misono 270, Suisin 270, and Fujiwara FKM honesuki all boxed and ready to ship once I drag my butt to the post office tomorrow.

The Kikuichi and the Tojiro still need homes.

My cousin is going to cooking school, so that Tojiro could do for him, if he qualifies :)

I would love to take anything you have available. I have no Japanese knives (only a german stainless) and would love the chance to play with something new if they haven't all gotten snatched up.!

Hi everyone, just to be clear, all the knives I had to give away are gone. Thanks!

Back