Steak knife set help

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
I'd like to gift a set of steak knives or 4" or so utility knives. I'd like to stay below $50 for the set, because my audience won't care, they won't treated nice, and I would need to be able to sharpen them when I visit them once a year.

My other requirement is that it needs to be bought on amazon.com, so my hope is someone here can recommend me some products that are at least not horrible, especially if they have used them before...

TYVM!

My parents were gifted a set of these when they got married, and they are the only steak knives I've ever used. However, they're serrated so still work pretty well against a steak despite never being sharpened, they look fairly nice, and they're cheap.

My parents were gifted a set of these when they got married, and they are the only steak knives I've ever used. However, they're serrated so still work pretty well against a steak despite never being sharpened, they look fairly nice, and they're cheap.

if they dont have to be sharpened, then even better :D

I quite like my opinels but I imagine some people might find them too light/flimsy.

Henkels has a few offerings on Amazon that will meet budget. I've had the Four Star for about 100 years, would gift the International without hesitation.

If they ever do develop an appreciation for knives - you might have some splaining to do...

Back