• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Steelport 210mm gyuto, 52100

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Got one of these from the first production run. Lucky #33. I was pretty excited to try Eytan's work. I know Eytan (I'm located in PDX) and he is a super knowledgeable guy who has legit experience in cooking, knives, and forging. I also appreciate the unique tempering they are doing on the 52100 to get 65hrc on edge and 40hrc on the spine. It's great work and the knife is really solid on the board with a stiff spine. To me it feels like a WH Blue 2 honyaki in terms of board feel. Weighting is neutral with a pinch grip. I also like the wharncliff shape - a nice touch and something you don't see very often in the kitchen knife work. Great banding - see photos. All in all, for a first go, these are solid knives.

I've sharpened it once and obviously there are no issues with the blade. I'll get more from Eytan in the future and am excited for what is to come from Steelport. Food release is better than I thought it would be and is actually quite good given the finish and light convexity. I'm a big 52100 fan so not much to say about that, except this seems to be an awesome HT of 52100.

Ping me with questions if you have any. I paid $400 like everyone in the first run, and am asking $315 CONUS or for Int'l $335. In terms of trade, would consider select Shi.Han knives +/- cash, so if that is an interest, just LMK.

Photos below.
IMG_4939.jpg
IMG_4940.jpg
IMG_4941.jpg
IMG_4942.jpg
IMG_4943.jpg
IMG_4944.jpg

Latest posts

Back