Stereo.Pete's Collection

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stereo.pete

Reaction score
I guess it is time to post my humble collection. The sun was out in full force so I figured I might as well take advantage of it.

Set #1 (Top to bottom)
1. Marko finished Yoshikane 240mm Gyuto with custom handle
2. Devin Thomas ITK 240mm Gyuto #2 (Thanks again Jarrod)
3. Konosuke White #2 240mm Gyuto recently rehandled by Mike (amazing job!)

knife1f.jpg

By chicagopete at 2012-04-17

Set #2 (Left to right)
1. Unknown 210mm VG10 Gyuto with Stefan Keller handle (purchased from Stefan, it used to be his Mom's knife :razz:)
2. Dave Martell modified 240mm ******** Addict (amazing cutter after Dave worked his magic)
3. Dave Martell rehandled 240mm Hiromoto AS Gyuto (Handle needs some wax)

knife2x.jpg

Set #3 (Top to bottom)
1. Shigefusa 240mm Kasumi Gyuto
2. Yoshihiro 270mm White #2 Yanagiba from Jon at JKI
3. Devin Thomas 270mm ITK Sujihiki

knife3o.jpg

Set #4 (Left to right)
1. Fujiwara FKM Honesuki
2. Konosuke 180mm White #2 Petty (this is my scalpel)
3. Fujiwara FKH 210mm Gyuto (my daily driver until I increase my sharpening skills)
4. Tojiro ITK 270mm Bread Knife

knife4.jpg

Great set...somebody really likes gyuots eh?

Yes, I am no doubt a huge fan of the profile of the gyuto. Although I could see myself with a couple more suji's, maybe even a Fujiyama :aikido: . Let me know how you like yours Pescador.

Very nice! Any favorites, Pete?

Not so humble, Pete Nice stuff

Exactly what I was thinking! You have some great looking knives there Pete. I always wondered who owned an ITK suji.

I might have to drive down to Chi-town and steal your Yoshikane and all your custom handles...funny part is I am half serious right now.:angel2:

Exactly what I was thinking! You have some great looking knives there Pete. I always wondered who owned an ITK suji.

I might have to drive down to Chi-town and steal your Yoshikane and all your custom handles...funny part is I am half serious right now.:angel2:

Anytime you guys want to get a Midwest gathering going in Chicago I am down. There are too many awesome spots here for drinking and eating that would make it the perfect spot for a day of fun.

Very nice! Any favorites, Pete?

The Shig on pure aesthetics is my all time favorite, simple yet elegant and everything is absolutely perfect on this knife. For example, the saya, which Dr. Naka ordered for me fits perfectly without a pin and will stay in place. You have to see it to believe, just how well it fits the blade.

The DT Gyuto is a cutting machine and the fit and finish is rock solid for a mid tech knife.

I have to say that I am very happy with all of the knives pictured above, the only one that I might replace is the Fujiwara FKM Honesuki. I sent Mr. Rader an email about a boning knife so possibly in a year the Fujiwara will be replaced, only time will tell.

Very nice expense of knives. Quite a nice collection.

Fantastic collection Peter, thanks for sharing it.

I guess I need a real camera...I could never compete with pictures like these.

Nice, Mr. Stereo. You do need some more single bevels though. Is your taste in audio equipment as good?

Nice, Mr. Stereo. You do need some more single bevels though. Is your taste in audio equipment as good?

I do dabble in high-end audio, although I am grateful I have completed my system as that hobby can be far more expensive than nice knives.

Speakers: Mirage M-3si
Amp: Odyssey Audio Stratos Extreme SE
Preamp: Odyssey Audio Candela w/ NOS Tubes (RCA Clear Tops)
CD Player: Primare CD21 (rarely used)
DAC: Tranquility USB DAC by dbLabs
Source: Macbook Pro with music ripped AIFF
Speaker Wire: Groenburg (sp?)
Interconnects: Audioquest (can't remember the name)
Power Conditioning: Monster HTS5100

Humble?? You have not seen mine yet, it is sad. But I am working on that. Ty for the pics very impressing.

Very nice, enjoy see all the custom handles. How would u compare the Yoshikane to the Shigefusa?

Picked up this 5.4 sun Carter AS Nakiri as part of his Blade Show sale. No regrets here, great steel, great grind and incredibly fun to use!

carter1g.jpg

By chicagopete at 2012-06-24

Looks like I forgot to update this thread.

First full custom knife... thanks to Mr. Rader!

Specs: 52100 Carbon Steel 7.5" Boning Knife

ivoryboningraderside.jpg

ivoryboningmsside.jpg

ivoryboninghandle.jpg

Back