Stolen knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefcomesback

Reaction score
Hi everyone ,
A package I sent to USA just before Christmas is stolen
It made it to the plane in Sydney in December 20th but there is no record of it being recorded at the Lax customs . To make matters worse it was only partially insured and I had to cover the expenses to the vendor who had ordered it out of pocket
If you are in LA area and see these knives be aware they aware they are stolen goods .
There is no mistaking for other knives since this run was one of
4 hvb gyutos with ambonya and African Blackwood octagonal handles
1suji 300mm
6E2146B4-6579-4AF8-9971-E5997A31D559.jpeg

I hope the person who stole them will sit on the suji

This hurts Mert ... hate to think it but with your name even more familiar at home the 'made the plane' might just be "added to the manifest" without leaving the tarmac ... pisses me off just thinking about it ...

This hurts Mert ... hate to think it but with your name even more familiar at home the 'made the plane' might just be "added to the manifest" without leaving the tarmac ... pisses me off just thinking about it ...

+1

I thought the exact same thing. Could be dishonesty at either end....

... Or... perhaps... incompetence. With online shopping being a major thing, late December and early January is a bad time for parcel delivery. There is gift shopping and then massive sales. A mild consequence is that your parcel might be delayed in a backlog.... at worst I figure your chances of having a lost package are higher. It is late January now... so im sure your parcel would have been located by now if it was lost or stuck somewhere - but i'll live in hope for you.

Thanks for all the replies , last week I submitted the evidence of the insurance and all documents to Australia post , this morning I had a strange email from usps saying my package was on its way and miraculously an hour later I had a message saying my shipment was delivered. Looks like insurance kicking urged people to find and deliver it all the sudden. In the meantime I had sent another package to make up for those so they got delivered in the same as well .

99.9% percent of the time, it's not a conspiracy. Instead, it's a stuff-up.

+1

I thought the exact same thing. Could be dishonesty at either end....

... Or... perhaps... incompetence. With online shopping being a major thing, late December and early January is a bad time for parcel delivery. There is gift shopping and then massive sales. A mild consequence is that your parcel might be delayed in a backlog.... at worst I figure your chances of having a lost package are higher. It is late January now... so im sure your parcel would have been located by now if it was lost or stuck somewhere - but i'll live in hope for you.
I had this problem. Bought a couple of knives from a user here in Finland. They were shipped on December 19th. I just got an update last Friday that they were processed through customs. It had been over a month. I was about to file a paypal refund the day tracking updated.

99.9% percent of the time, it's not a conspiracy. Instead, it's a stuff-up.

Yep, US Postal Service can easily lose things in the corner, behind a cart, and many other places. I once had a package that slipped behind the individual boxes in a multi-residence mailbox that would never have been found unless I asked the postal carrier to check carefully.

Back