Quantcast

Stone Envy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

tk59

Founding Member
Reaction score
I have quite a few stones at this point and I thought I was basically done buying them. But I recently tried out a friend's Aoto. It's big, essentially black and feels incredibly smooth and leaves a nice edge. The problem is it's a fairly expensive stone and I already have several stones in that grit range. Still, I can't seem to stop thinking about running my edges over that thing... :help3:

rockbox

Reaction score
Don't go over to Jon's place then. Doesn't he personally own more that 40 or 50 stones.

mainaman

Reaction score
Aoto are nice stones, but quality ones are hard to find and are expensive.
Getting into naturals is also a big adventure for the wallet.

Cadillac J

Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't relate. I just never had a similar obsession with stones, yet I absolutely love to sharpen.

Part of me has been curious to try some new ones, but I don't want to spend any money on them--especially ones that cost the same as a quality knife.

Can we still be friends?

MadMel

Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't relate. I just never had a similar obsession with stones, yet I absolutely love to sharpen.

Part of me has been curious to try some new ones, but I don't want to spend any money on them--especially ones that cost the same as a quality knife.

Can we still be friends?
Welcome to the minimalist club :)

mainaman

Reaction score
I took a pic of all my naturals for another forum, although I have good number I still think of the next one :help3:

tk59

Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't go over to Jon's place then. Doesn't he personally own more that 40 or 50 stones.
He does have a pile and it's growing but I can honestly say I don't dream about any of them except for two and neither is a "finishing" stone. I only have one friend (that I know of) that at least occasionally dreams about stones and isn't a geologist.

Nice collection, btw, Stefan. I hope my disease doesn't progress that far...

unkajonet

Founding Member
Reaction score
He does have a pile and it's growing but I can honestly say I don't dream about any of them except for two and neither is a "finishing" stone. I only have one friend (that I know of) that at least occasionally dreams about stones and isn't a geologist.
:scared2: I wonder who that might be...

MadMel

Reaction score
I took a pic of all my naturals for another forum, although I have good number I still think of the next one :help3:

That's the amount of knives I hope I'd be having lol.. You lock them up at night or what?