Stone Findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captaincaed

(____((__________()~~~
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why don't we have one of these yet?

I'll kick off with this NOS lily white washita. Never seen one so unused, near mint box to boot.

69AF7A67-54E9-471A-878E-6957AA07E9B5.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2042319493...udCvMgeSKe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

We don't have one of these because we're all hoping that we stumbled upon a secret
That’s what I figured. Like how anything on Yahoo auctions that’s good would immediately be driven up. Plus you lose the fun of receiving fossilized dinosaur ****.

The retailers mostly make their money off information (knowing it exists) and access, and you’re definitely competing against them just like the knives we see resold at 100%+ markup.

Last edited:
There are a number of sellers out of Indonesia who haunt the Facebook groups trying to flog these. They tend to get ripped on a fair bit, or at least the opinion of them is polarising.

I've never seen one in real life to try.

I've never had a bad experience with Josh and his crew. They've answered many questions for me and never steered me wrong. So I'd be willing to give them a try from him. Not saying there aren't issues but I'd be willing to try if I was in the market.

Maybe Josh has a more consistent source?

I've never had a bad experience with Josh and his crew. They've answered many question for me and never steered me wrong. So I'd be willing to give them a try from him. Not saying there aren't issues but I'd be willing to try if I was in the market.

Maybe Josh has a more consistent source?
Unknown. I know part of the criticism is as much about the sellers as the stones. They are apparently rather pushy, and will not take no for an answer. They will send free stones for evaluation, but that comes with strings attached, etc....

Criticisms of the stones relate to unrealistic claims of grits, ect.

But as I say, personally I have no experience. All my opinions are based on watching other peoples interactions on FB. If that guy making the video is good, and knows his stuff, then I guess that is about as much of a recommendation as you can get.

Indonesia is a big place with lots of volcanic activity. That makes for a pretty good chance there are lots of good hones there.

Unknown. I know part of the criticism is as much about the sellers as the stones. They are apparently rather pushy, and will not take no for an answer. They will send free stones for evaluation, but that comes with strings attached, etc....

Criticisms of the stones relate to unrealistic claims of grits, ect.

But as I say, personally I have no experience. All my opinions are based on watching other peoples interactions on FB. If that guy making the video is good, and knows his stuff, then I guess that is about as much of a recommendation as you can get.

Indonesia is a big place with lots of volcanic activity. That makes for a pretty good chance there are lots of good hones there.

Yeah Josh of Bernal Cutlery is very well known and highly regarded that's why I'd give him a chance. He tends to try stuff out for a while before he'll carry it.

I never understand some stuff like this. You can buy a brand new Dan's Surgical Black for less than that.

I have one of those wood Ikea poang chairs with the cushion. I have had it since I was in college. My wife wants to sell it because she thinks she can get $500 for it since it is "vintage." This is in spite of the fact that you can still buy the exact same chair from Ikea today brand new for less than $200. And the cushion probably won't have as much cat vomit on it.

Back