Strange food combo’s

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put green chile on everything I eat. Literally everything. (Any other New Mexicans here know what I'm talkin' about!)
I'm not New Mexican but I understand. Breakfast burritos christmas style at The Pantry in Santa Fe might be proof of a god.

next time you are getting a fountain drink, 50/50 diet and regular cola. Perfection.

I'm not New Mexican but I understand. Breakfast burritos christmas style at The Pantry in Santa Fe might be proof of a god.

I lived in Santa Fe for 14 months 20 years ago, and I still order a green chile cheeseburger anywhere I can get one (it's invariably jalapenos, but I'll take 'em).

Every burrito christmas...

Plaza Diner menu said: "Tourists: we are not responsible if the chile is too hot!"
I miss The Shed something fierce. Oooh, and the El Molero fajita cart. :-(

re: cream cheese
I used to be desperate for quality fats on the ship I worked on, and would occasionally just eat slabs of cream cheese.

Not so unusual but kinda not so obvious.

Ice cream and milk, mix it up. Basically a milk shake in a bowl or cup. Add egg yolk, too to enrich. Quick fast dessert for myself when I want more fancy ice cream type stuff.

Oh the watermelon with salty cheese(Feta) is a winner in my book, with som fresh basil or mint to add, even better. Just like strawberries do well with quality Balsamic vinegar, the same also goes for watermelon.

A while back I had a chocolate cake dessert of some kind at a restaurant, don't really remember much about it because I was completely engrossed in tasting the things they served on the side of the main ingredient. Un-sweetened wheat beer ice cream with a salty caramel sauce. Definitely the most interesting dessert I've had in a long time.

Poached pear in a red wine and licorice sauce also something that hit a note with me.

Makes me think of the rosemary ice cream the local shop occasionally makes.

Theer’s a spot in one of the main squares in Nice in the summer that does 100+ flavors of gelato. Rosemary, thyme, lavendar, rose, basil...you name it and they’ve got got it. The thyme was a favorite for us.

At home last year I did a foie gras dinner, finished with a foie grad gelato over a strawberry tart drizzled with honey and a good aged balsamic. Prep for it was next level time consuming but it was so good I can’t imagine why it doesn’t show up on other menus. 8 people at dinner, everyone asked for seconds of it.

This thread proves to me that yummy is in the tongue of the beholder.

I must confess that some of the combos sound like a game I played with my kids when they were very little- who could think up the worst food combination. It turns out that 3-5 year old minds are particularly skilled at this task- think bananas and mustard, PB&J with mayonnaise or fried underwear.

Then again, some I’ve never thought of but still sound pretty terrific- go figure!

This thread proves to me that yummy is in the tongue of the beholder.

I must confess that some of the combos sound like a game I played with my kids when they were very little- who could think up the worst food combination. It turns out that 3-5 year old minds are particularly skilled at this task- think bananas and mustard, PB&J with mayonnaise or fried underwear.

Then again, some I’ve never thought of but still sound pretty terrific- go figure!

My mom used to make a snack that was a banana sliced in half vertically. She would then put mayo on the flat side and dust it with paprika. I haven’t had it in a long time but I remember not hating it.

I must admit, that one doesn’t sound good to me, but then again, I’ve never tried it so who knows?

Sometimes when I make a pot of chili, I sneak in 100 grams of dark chocolate. People always wonder why it tastes so good.

I use Italian mayonnaise as a condiment when eating fried pork chops.

You know those tubs of Philadelphia Cream Cheese? The original one with no flavour? Sometimes I open one, take a spoon and eat it empty. Just as it is.

Favorite midnight snack: leftover macaroni and cheese fried in ketchup and nature's seasons. Got to eat it while it's hot enough that inhaling the ketchup fumes takes your breath away.

When I get a super-bad case of the munchies, the only thing that will satisfy it is a sandwich made of two slices of white bread and a really fat spread of peanut butter heavily covered with white sugar. Yep, a peanut butter and sugar sandwich. Sometimes, I eat five of them in a row if the munchies hit mega hard.

I grew up eating mac and cheese with ketchup. Still probably my favorite comfort food.

My in-laws are here from Taipei. They brought snacks. Potato chip that tastes like a salty duck egg yoke.

Attachments

• 303F4093-1CA0-44FA-BEF0-8D3621B3B8D9.jpeg
    303F4093-1CA0-44FA-BEF0-8D3621B3B8D9.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
Kim Chee on Costco Salmon burger with grilled onions, tomato, dill pickle, sesame bun.

What's a Christmas burrito? My guess is both red and green chiles?

Steak a la cart. Servers take weird notice when I don't purchase any sides. Maybe it's because they fail on the upsell.

Back