Suji help please

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbob

Reaction score
So, unsurprisingly the heiji suji that has been for sale at japan tool forever has finally sold after a nice sale price before i could get my hands on it.:knife:
Looking for recommendations on a similar style suji. The things that appealed to me was the semistainless steel (i have a heji ss petty and for its tasks i love the steel), wide bevel for easy maintenance, reasonably sturdy geometry, 270mm, around the 300 mark. The Chiku at knives and stones seems to me thus far to be a worthy contender, any other ideas? Cheers ps would be interested in actual chiku suji owners musings too...

You can order direct from Heiji, it's about a 4 month wait.

I've been wanting to one of the Kurosaki lines for a minute now.

Third option is you try to get someone to shake loose of a Kochi. I did the same thing with a Kochi 210 petty and someone got to it before me.

I tested drive James; Chiku, 240 gyuto, 150 petty, and 270 suji for two to three weeks a while back and like suji the best of the lot. It is stiff enough for me with thick spine. Grind was good, and out of the box edge was pretty decent as well, a quick touch on stone and it was good to go.

Back