• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Sukenari 270mm ZDP-189 mirror polished damascus with custom amboyna handle and saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btbyrd

Reaction score
I purchased this knife new from K&S Australia a few years ago. I saw it and fell in love. It remains the knife with the best fit and finish I've ever seen or held. Grind is awesome, steel is awesome, and it looks like a million bucks. This knife cuts so well it made me buy two other Sukenaris. I haven't mentioned the handle yet, which is just gorgeous. I've hit some unexpected expenses and am selling this to help cover them. I will own another one day. Oh yes, I will. Comes with the black K&S box (which is pretty nice).

The blade measures 258mm heel to tip and is 50mm tall over the heel. I only had it sharpened once, and that was a few months ago by Ryan at District Cutlery. I've used it since then, but only a couple times doing light work on a soft board. The edge is still in fantastic shape.

Paid $775 at Knives and Stones years ago. Asking $575.

Video showing the condition of the knife:

Choil:

DSC00463 (1).jpg

Glamor shot from the last time I used it:

sukenari_pineapple.jpeg

In the saya:

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg

K&S handle closeup:
Sukenari_ZDP189_Gyuto_270mm_Damascus_KNS_Special_d__36222.1526816729.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:
Back