• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Sukenari AS 225mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ModRQC

Just shutup n' grabbit!
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_1222.jpg
IMG_1224.jpg

216/48mm weighing about 185 grams and balanced 10mm forward the heel. Feeling quite neutral. Close to mirror polish core in a single also thinning session. Stone scratch pattern kept within about 10mm up the clad line. Not transparent but relatively tidy. Cuts much better now and has nicer food release as well than OOTB.

IMG_1220.jpg
IMG_1221.jpg
IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

Otherwise sharpened a few times. KnS ebony handle was sanded at rough grits and just oiled and buffed – quite stealthy looking and feels nicer than the original high gloss.

IMG_1225.jpg

360$ Now 335$CAD / ~270$ USD* - Shipped, Tracked and Insured Canada/ConUS

*US buyers, please understand I’ll require the full amount as it stands in CAD at any exchange rate dictated by the mean of transacting. USD price given here reflects Paypal’s at the date I posted this.

Last edited:
I love the steel in this knife. Mine definitely needed a thinning. This knife looks pretty tidily refinished after its thinning.

This is well worth a look for anyone who wants to experience a fantastic heat treat of AS but doesn't want to have to go through thining it to get the best out of the knife.

Agreed on the heat treat of AS. Hardest AS I’ve felt on the stones. Also worth it to note that the sukenari gyuto profile is a true Goldilocks design.

Anyone compared this more detailed to a denka? I had a denka and am curious how these are like. I know hardness is supposed to be similar. I've tried 4 makers in aogami super so far.

Could you open that can of worms at any other place than on my thread trying to sell a Sukenari? 🤪 🤣 :p

No harm really. But... lolllzzz I'd like to get this sold, not have a plethora of folks dismissing Sukenaris against fabled TF.

I love the steel in this knife. Mine definitely needed a thinning. This knife looks pretty tidily refinished after its thinning.

This is well worth a look for anyone who wants to experience a fantastic heat treat of AS but doesn't want to have to go through thining it to get the best out of the knife.

On those wise words, I'll readily give a 10% (CAD value) rebate to anyone that can tell me what Nemo means in reverse. Valid forever until it gets sold.

Oops... It sounds like I may not have been clear in my comment.

I was suggesting that a (your) pre-thinned version of this knife is well worth a look. This is because the knife has great steel but (at least in the case of mine), it definitely needed a thinning. Having said that, I now realise from your other thread that your knife sounds originally much thinner than mine was.

I also think (based on your photos) that the knife looks nice after the work that you have done on it.

I'll be quiet now because I'm distracting from your BST thread.

Sorry.

Last edited:

I was suggesting that a (your) pre-thinned version of this knife is well worth a look. This is because the knife has great steel but (at least in the case of mine), it definitely needed a thinning. Having said that, I now realise from your other thread that your knife sounds originally much thinner than mine was.

I also think (based on your photos) that the knife looks nice after the work that you have done on it.

Sorry.

Oh I understood that perfectly. I appreciated your comment and decided to give a rebate about it... if people are able to get it.

So this was no irony and is really on!

10% rebate to anyone that can tell me what Nemo means in reverse. :)

Edit: valid forever until it gets sold.

Oh I understood that perfectly. I appreciated your comment and decided to give a rebate about it... if people are able to get it.

So this was no irony and is really on!

10% rebate to anyone that can tell me what Nemo means in reverse. :)

Edit: valid forever until it gets sold.
What he means in reverse?

"The job you did on the knife looks like arse, mate"

What he means in reverse?

"The job you did on the knife looks like arse, mate"

Not what I asked.

Question and riddle is: if someone can tell me what Nemo means in reverse.

Pay attention to the wording. There’s another clue as well in the absence of something usually used with one of the word - the most important one.

Not what I asked.

Question and riddle is: if someone can tell me what Nemo means in reverse.

Pay attention to the wording. There’s another clue as well in the absence of something usually used with one of the word - the most important one.
"Quit cluttering up someone's BST thread ya bogan!" 🤷‍♂️

Sorry.
Reported.

Oh come on…

Let me rephrase my last answer to Nemo:

You needed not make excuses. I understood what you meant positively. I find the compliment so nice and moving my thread in view. I’m happy about that and offering a riddle for anyone to save 10% on this. Didn’t seem to gather much interest anyway so why not.

One needs to read carefully though. I wasn’t mad at the intro of a comp between Denka and Suke AS. It was a joke. I was very happy about @@@ @Nemo so I gave a rebate.

But one needs to read carefully. Don’t think I used of any harsh response to any of the comments. I might just not be the person you think I am.

The rebate is real.

The riddle is: if someone can tell me what Nemo means in reverse.

And I just left yet another obvious clue right in this message.

Thanks to anyone that will stop thinking I’m throwing a tantrum and ****ing read what I said.

Now I’ve been harsh. A little.

Back