Supporting Members Giveaway II

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I should go lap the stone and make it all pretty.

BTW, I don't have the original purple box for it as it came broken and I chucked it but I'll send it off in a 5k or whatever Shapton plastic box that I do have.

No problem, Dave. You can just wrap it in a paper towel and throw it in with my stuff. :D

Today is the day. I'll do the number pick thing later on tonight and post the winner here then.

Just to make sure I'm right, all supporting members are automatically entered? If not I'm in

WOOHOO, looks like I became a supporting member in the nick of time!

What did I win? Did I even participate? ;) I wouldn't know what to do with that stone, so I held my tongue. Good luck, guys,

Stefan

Random.org picked mhlee as our winner here. Congrats Michael, looks like you'll be playing with a new stone soon. :)

Woohoo! Congratulations! We better be able to see stars reflected clearly in those bevels ;)

I agree, Thanks to Dave and congrats to mhlee, and rats! I didn't win again!

very nice offer and congrats to the winner

Thanks to Dave and congrats to the winner. Pics of shiny edges please :D

DarKHOeK

Random.org picked mhlee as our winner here. Congrats Michael, looks like you'll be playing with a new stone soon. :)

Whoa!!!!! :eek2:

First of all, thanks to Dave for this!!!

Second of all, I'm not a very experienced sharpener so I don't know how my knives or my pics will turn out. But, I am certainly looking forward to giving this stone a try.

However, I certainly don't have quite the collection of knives as many of you knuts do, and certainly won't be using this stone very often. :notworthy:

So, keeping in the spirit of this giveaway, I'd like to share this stone with other members.

I'll be the "stone keeper" - I'll be happy to care for it, flatten it, etc. I'll even try and craft a safe keeping box or container for it so it can be safely transported/mailed to the members.

I happen to live in Southern California. So I can either send it out individuals, or to a store, e.g. JKI (assuming Jon is willing), for periods of time.

All I ask is that each member be willing to pay for shipping to and from here and take good care of the stone. Or if you happen to be passing through the LA area, I can just hand it off to you and you can get it back to me however is convenient. Then, you can show us your pictures!!

I'll discuss with Dave what's the best way to do this and go from there.

Thanks again Dave. I really appreciate it.

Michael, I think it's great that you're willing to share the stone and let others experience it. :thumbsup:

Great idea, Michael! Very much in the spirit of the giveaway!

I guess I'll have to drop by sometime. :)

Back