Supporting Members Giveaway II

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
Several years ago I was given a very nice gift from the members of the old forum and now I want to pass along this gift to someone else.

The item is a Shapton Pro 30000x stone :eek:vg:

It's slightly used (2 owners) but with nearly all it's life left still in it. This is a very expensive stone, one that almost no one will ever buy as it costs right about $500 new today.

I have only two rules for this giveaway....

1. You must be a supporting member to be entered.

2. Should you win you must agree that you'll never sell this stone.
My hope is that you'll either love it and use it or pass it along (pay it forward) in some similar fashion to what I'm doing here.

PLEASE> If you get selected and have no desire to use this stone please say so and decline so that we can select another person who wishes to use it. I would hate to see such an expensive stone sit in a drawer never to be used when so many would put it to use.

I'll use a random number generator to select the lucky member on Oct 18th, two weeks time (a fortnight for you Englishmen) from today.

Good luck to you all! :thumbsup:

Dave

If I pay good attention on Saturday, perhaps I'll be worthy of the stone if the roll of the dice goes my way.

oooooOOOOOooo FANCY

That is really amazing. I wouldn't use it, honestly, though I'd love to hoard it. I used to think about that stone all the time...

What a great giveaway. Hey you know how Murray Carter says you just need "Coarse" and "Fine" and that grits don't matter, etc etc? Someone should do this thing right after a Naniwa Omura.

I'm in, I would love to try this stone! Both for razors and tuning knife edges.

i only want to try it on a razor or 2 so who ever wins i ll cover shippingif i get to ploay with it a bit

Very cool of you Dave, I am not in, but thought I would add a vote of awesomeness.

I will say i am in also! Maybe that will push me to get a more complete stone collection. I start on belts....just don't feel right without a stone finish though :)

" My hope is that you'll either love it and use it or pass it along (pay it forward) in some similar fashion to what I'm doing here."

I sunscribe the "pay forward concept.." it makes the world a more better place better place to live in......

rgds
d

I'd like to be part of this as well.

Thanks Dave!

I have used the Shapton pro stones in the lower grit for quite some time and with great success. If I should be so lucky I'll give it a good home with a lot of love and care :)

DarKHOeK

I'm in. Thanks, Dave!

It seems a 30k is the next logical step!

Keith

Thanks for the chance to play with this stone! I'm in!!:yammer:

Btw, do we have to officially say we are in, or is just automatic for supporting members? I thought the last time it was like that.

k.

Btw, do we have to officially say we are in, or is just automatic for supporting members? I thought the last time it was like that.

k.

It's an automatic entry if you're a supporting member so no post here is necessary.

Back