Swedish white vanilla powder?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A friend of mine lived in Sweden and fell in love with their vanilla powder for baking. She says it’s white, not brown, and it’s not powdered vanilla bean. Anyone know what this product is or where it can be sourced?

Thanks,

Tom

Nielsen Massey has a white vanilla powder. Don’t know if that’s what your looking for nor do I know how it’s made.

@dough thanks for the tip - I didn’t know there was a vanilla merchant like that! I ordered some and we’ll see if that’s it. @noodle She’s gotten some vanilla products in Denmark that apparently just aren’t the same thing :rolleyes: The only specifically Swedish product I’ve found is vanilla sugar, and that fits the description, but she swears down that’s not it either.

Ya I kinda wondered seeing as vanilla isn’t white there would most likely have to be a reason why is wasn’t it’s usual color. Good luck with your search it’s too bad she can’t remember a brand name or any other details.

Does she perhaps know the name or the brand it was? Here in Finland we have 2a fewbut different variants:
Finnish name: vanilliinisokeri Swedish name: Vanillinsocker (kind of a sweeter more artificial sugar) (white)
Finnish name: Vaniljasokeri Swedish name: Vanilj-socker (vanilja sugar) (white ishh)
Finnish name: Vaniljajauhe Swedish name : Vaniljepulver (vanila powder not sure if from bean or not) (Usually brown )
Finnish name Vaniljakreemi-jauhe Swedish name : Vaniljkrämpulver ( Vanila custard powder usually white)

I believe it might be the last one as most items here are shared between both countries....

I would guess at vanillin-pulver (vanillin-powder). There is a brand called vanilla aswell.

My wife is opening a at home Cottage Bakery I wonder if she has baked with any of these types of vanilla alternatives? Please share if you figure it out.

I’ll ask her - I’ll also have to try the pure vanillin and see if that’s it, although I can’t imagine a single-note flavor being better than a naturally complex one. I do know that if using powder instead of extract you’ll have to slightly adjust the liquid amount in the recipe.

Latest posts

Back