Takada Suiboku

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

chefwp

Timing is everything when doing a raindance
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am also interested in the Suiboku blue 1 and have very little exposures to blues in general. For the more experienced among you -- would you go for the Takada or rather pick something else, e.g. a Fujiwara Denka or a Hitohira togashi blue?
I have a Hitohira bunka and a Takada nakiri, both 180mm and both in B-1, they are both really nice, but if I had to choose one, the Takada would win without much thought. It just feels more solid and I feel like the attention to detail around all the edges, not just the super sharp one, is superior.
two-180mm-in-b1.jpg

RockyBasel

KKF Sponsor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a Takada Suiboke 270 blue 1, and also a Tanaka-Yohei blue 1, and I have to say, I prefer the Tanaka-Yohei 270 from Strata - it is an incredible knife

WaTFTanaki

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any Takada Tanaka retailers besides MTC? Looking for a 240 gyuto. Have the 210 Takada Tanaka suiboku and just ordered a 240 Yohei Tanaka. But MTC shipping costs to UK are criminal. Opposite of Bernal.

iandustries

Reaction score
Anyone know of any Takada Tanaka retailers besides MTC? Looking for a 240 gyuto. Have the 210 Takada Tanaka suiboku and just ordered a 240 Yohei Tanaka. But MTC shipping costs to UK are criminal. Opposite of Bernal.
DM tsubaya tokyo- i just ordered a 240mm ginsan suiboku, they might have some tanaka b1 or w2, doesn’t hurt to ask !

OkLobster

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carbon is also a Takada Tanaka dealer. Craig's most recent restock was about 1.5 months ago for a few Reikas, B1, and W2 240mm gyutos IIRC.

Heckel7302

Reaction score
Ai&Om/Tosho in Canada carries them if I remember correctly