• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Takeda Cleaver and Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jville

I used to work in a Mexican restaurant
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I need som money for something pressing right now. Very fond of both of these knives and would rather not sell them, if it were not for my predicament. Later, I will probably go get another Large Takeda cleaver and if I could get another classic nakiri I would. I would probably buy either of these back later, if person wanted to sell them. Both of these have been used lightly still on their first edge never been stropped. I mostly cut some onions but probably cut a few other things. First one is Takeda NAS large cleaver bought new for $600 let’s do $535 includes shipping conus and PayPal fees. Next is a Takeda classic nakiri. The classics are becoming quite hard to get and retailers are pretty much doing the NAS. It’s thin and a great little cutter. Bought for $290 sell for $275 Choil shot is of the cleaver, not the best choil shot, sorry.
A3EC4136-C79D-4EAE-9E78-B9EA4DF4874F.jpeg
85CEE980-3BEB-4710-8F15-9C1792A0252B.jpeg
4F44CB68-34A2-4604-A0C4-8B59E05EC050.jpeg
052F4A8F-6BF9-4E9D-804A-9DD66117F27C.jpeg
A1FCB50C-96F1-440A-AF0E-06EE258C2B7F.jpeg
E629A864-89F5-41DD-AC79-825C14735536.jpeg
FFCA7875-E0A7-4D19-977D-1AC4574D17F2.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking for a AS version … only if it was….

Sorry I meant iron clad not stainless

I feel lucky, I have been looking for this Nakiri in AS. My Takeda family is almost complete.

I totally agree … I was really excited when I got mine. I feel @Jville ’s pain in parting with it. They don’t come up often. The XXL Cleaver still listed is a monster. One of the most impressive knives in my collection. I kept it in my rotation for about a month before I moved on and grew to love it. I can see how some chef’s would view the Chinese style cleaver as their primary knife. It’s excellent for scaring recalcitrant mothers in law as well.

I totally agree … I was really excited when I got mine. I feel @Jville ’s pain in parting with it. They don’t come up often. The XXL Cleaver still listed is a monster. One of the most impressive knives in my collection. I kept it in my rotation for about a month before I moved on and grew to love it. I can see how some chef’s would view the Chinese style cleaver as their primary knife. It’s excellent for scaring recalcitrant mothers in law as well.
haha! I'll keep that in mind! I have had the AS cleaver for quite sometime. i bought it with an AS 215mm Gyuto with no handle so i haven't had a chance to truly fall in love with them. I finally found the perfect block for handle material and it should be here within a week. Ill make matching handles as soon as it gets here. I am very excited to slay prep with these and the new Nakiri!

Price drop on the Takeda cleaver, $515.

Unfortunately, I need som money for something pressing right now. Very fond of both of these knives and would rather not sell them, if it were not for my predicament. Later, I will probably go get another Large Takeda cleaver and if I could get another classic nakiri I would. I would probably buy either of these back later, if person wanted to sell them. Both of these have been used lightly still on their first edge never been stropped. I mostly cut some onions but probably cut a few other things. First one is Takeda NAS large cleaver bought new for $600 let’s do $535 includes shipping conus and PayPal fees. Next is a Takeda classic nakiri. The classics are becoming quite hard to get and retailers are pretty much doing the NAS. It’s thin and a great little cutter. Bought for $290 sell for $275 Choil shot is of the cleaver, not the best choil shot, sorry.
View attachment 144128View attachment 144129View attachment 144130View attachment 144131View attachment 144132View attachment 144133View attachment 144134
Are these still available ?

Back