• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Takeda nakiri, Itinomonn nakiri, Teruyasu gyuto, and an extra.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XooMG

Reaction score
I am cleaning out knives I don't use and trying to allocate funds for another project. The knives are in pretty good shape, though a perfectionist will find minor things that I'll mention. These are priced pretty fairly and none are "fixer uppers".

Ichinomon/Itinomonn 165mm kurouchi nakiri: $100
Good shape, cut a total of one carrot and put away. One side has a minor scuff in the kurouchi and arrived that way from JNS, and the exposed cladding has a few little water oxidation spots that don't qualify as rust or patina, and can be cleaned up without trouble. Otherwise pretty much new and unsharpened I think. Standard (ho) right-handed D handle.

Takeda 165mm classic AS nakiri: $200
This was like $260 or something when I got it. I used it a bit and also thinned the bevel a little to improve the cutting ability, though the knife is clearly one of his thinner models already. One side has some patina where the kurouchi near the tip has worn a little thinner from playing in mud, but the KU is in very good shape overall and the knife is a fine cutter.

Fujiwara Teruyasu Maboroshi no Meito (midrange) 195mm gyuto: $160
I got this knife thinking I might play with it as a regrind project or something, but it just never panned out. Took a few photos of the knife, tried it out on a few veggies, and then put it away. Don't have time to make a project out of it nowadays. Basically new unsharpened condition. Basic ho handle, no finger rest. Comes with a cheap generic saya.

Kochi stainless-clad Kurouchi 240mm gyuto: $260
This knife has been used only on a tiny handful of vegetables for testing and is basically in new condition. Seems a very good knife, but I cannot really use a 240 in my kitchen.

If you combine items, I can offer a 10% discount, as I hate hunting down boxes.

All prices include worldwide shipping, but I might require a few days to get it all lined up at the post office.

Kochi SPF...knew that was going to happen.

Can i be 2nd if sale falls through, pls.

Can i be 2nd if sale falls through, pls.
cclin tried to squeak in as #2 via pm, but I need to mark the Kochi as SOLD, sorry.

The two nakiri are temporarily pending.

I'll take the Takeda if sale falls through
I'm waiting on a prospective buyer to confirm for both Takeda and Ichinomon, but if that doesn't pan out, I believe there's one other guy showing interest before you. I will update as soon as there's news to share.

Fujiwara is still available, though there was a curious nibble, I think.

Womp Womp. I already have a Nashiji and Maboroshi Fujiwara. I mean, a 3rd wouldn't hurt, but a Takeda Nakiri would really set my kitchen off.

I am currently in talks regarding all the knives, and the Fujiwara and Takeda have a short queue formed, so I am going to discourage any further offers for the time being.

For now all knives are PENDING.
I will bump the thread if everything falls through and any knives remain unclaimed.

Takeda, Fujiwara, Kochi are SOLD.

I am temporarily withdrawing the Ichinomon as I realized it has been sharpened and I am unsure if I should sell as-is, or modify and relist.

So in conclusion, I'm going to close this thread. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back