• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Takeda NAS Bunka and a few more knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is sort of a catch and release. I bought this Bunka on BST a few months ago. Some people love nakiris, but I have never bonded with any that I have tried. I use the pointy end of a gyuto just a little too often. Figured that the shape of this blade might work a little better, but alas it didn't make a difference. It is good steel, it has good food release considering the height. Selling it for what I got it for $240, but I am throwing in a custom, very thin walnut saya.

Length 178mm
Height 58mm
Stainless Clad Blue super KU

20201019_131522.jpg20201019_131547.jpg20201019_131601.jpg20201019_131642.jpg

I also have Richmond Artifex Honesuki and bread knife in AEB-L. They are well used. I bought them as part of a package, with the thought that I would use them as re-handle projects. I have been pretty busy just rehandling the knives that I regularly use so these have just sat in my drawer. Perhaps someone else can use a handle project, or some sharpening practice. It is, after all, pretty good stainless steel. Since they are fairly low in price I would love to sell them as a pair. How about $80 for the both of them. I have no boxes for these. (These are SOLD)

20201019_131948.jpg20201019_132210.jpg20201019_132009.jpg

And finally....I know that Shun isn't real popular here. I know it is a factory produced blade that has no soul, but I have to say this is a pretty good knife (don't judge). It is the Kaji 8" SG2 Chef knife, nickel damascus. The steel is definitely an upgrade from the VG Max they use for their classic line. I did not find it to be chippy at all, and it had good edge retention. It is a taller knife with a profile that lends itself to rock cutters, and the handle is comfortable to use. I used it mostly at home but it did see a few shifts at work. There are some sharpening scratches along the cladding line in a few places. I am not a great sharpener. Otherwise it is in good shape. This was a gateway for me into better J-knives but my collection has left this in the dust. I was going to post it on the auction site for a little more, but I will first post it here for $140. If you buy it, I promise that I will keep it a secret. Also no box with this one. (This one is SOLD)

20201019_132101.jpg20201019_132120.jpg20201019_132210.jpg

Last edited:
I do like the shape of those Takedas, and that saya is very sweet :)

In the unlikely event that it's not snapped up by the time I get a job, I shall be in touch.

By the way, I failed to put it in my original post, but the quoted price includes shipping inside the CONUS. l am willing to ship outside of the US but would like to split cost, original price + (actual shipping-$15 US) My apologies to my worldwide knife brethren for being stereotypically US centric.

If you wanted to go all Chinese and use a clever for everything, but can't get behind that concept, then the Takeda is probably the best alternative. Best of all worlds.

I love my takeda nas bunka! Had to thin it considerably but the end result was really amazing. If you know what you’re doing, this can be an fun project with a great outcome. GLWS

I love my takeda nas bunka! Had to thin it considerably but the end result was really amazing. If you know what you’re doing, this can be an fun project with a great outcome. GLWS
These need thinning? The only Takeda I've held was paper thin. I've been warned they're at risk of bending easily..I have to say it feels like it too..

Back